This is the second time I have found myself using this song quote today. The first time was when a good friend described part of their day to me... this is the second time... and it applies to me. Unlike "Person X", overall my day was pretty damn good with a couple little things that caused me to shake my head and laugh... laugh at myself. Here is your chance to laugh at me too.
Laugh at me item number 1:
If you have read this blog at all, you know I own a lot of shoes. For the sake of reference, go here... or here... or here.... or here to see what I mean. I won't take the time to explain why I have so many again in this post, but yes... I am straight. ANYWAY... today while I was in the closet (shut up) taking off my clothes from work and putting on shorts and a golf shirt I noticed something odd while looking at one of my many shoe racks. "What the?... No!... Can't be!..." But alas... it was. As I moved in for a closer look, I noticed two identical pairs of the same leather square toe black single buckle over shoes. Both the same brand (Stacy Adams), and both appeared to have been worn about the same amount. What made this worse is the knowledge that I didn't "just" purchase either pair recently... I bought them both a long time ago... and I "just" noticed. I am not sure what this says about me, but I know it can't be good. And before you ask, there are at least subtle differences in my other 44 pairs of shoes.
Laugh at me item number 2:
In a quest for steak and beer for dinner, Aaron and I were required to visit the local grocery store. We purchased the necessities. Steak, beer, propane, Dr. Pepper (for Aaron)... etc. While Aaron was taking care of the propane exchange I started to put the groceries in the truck. In doing so, the 12-pack of Dr. Pepper slipped out of my hand and landed perfectly flat on the ground at my feet. Stay with me here... When it did, it was positioned in such a way that the two cans on the end of the refrigerator pack were pointed just perfectly and exploded simultaneously and blew open the end of the fridge pack perfectly in such a way to completely drench me, the inside of my back door, my windshield (how the f***?!) the car in front of me and the car next to me in a single glorious spewing of caffeinated beverage. When it happened, I just stood there in shock with Dr. Pepper dripping from my glasses, my clothes, my nose... Just stood in shock. I slowly turned to see Aaron and a nice 50ish lady about to loose it staring at me. They just happened to be walking at the right time to observe the show worthy of Hollywood. After all of our laughing was over, Aaron and I drove home. By the time we got there, I was sticking to the truck and could not get into the shower fast enough. Yech!
Momma said their would be days like this...
--C
Laugh at me item number 1:
If you have read this blog at all, you know I own a lot of shoes. For the sake of reference, go here... or here... or here.... or here to see what I mean. I won't take the time to explain why I have so many again in this post, but yes... I am straight. ANYWAY... today while I was in the closet (shut up) taking off my clothes from work and putting on shorts and a golf shirt I noticed something odd while looking at one of my many shoe racks. "What the?... No!... Can't be!..." But alas... it was. As I moved in for a closer look, I noticed two identical pairs of the same leather square toe black single buckle over shoes. Both the same brand (Stacy Adams), and both appeared to have been worn about the same amount. What made this worse is the knowledge that I didn't "just" purchase either pair recently... I bought them both a long time ago... and I "just" noticed. I am not sure what this says about me, but I know it can't be good. And before you ask, there are at least subtle differences in my other 44 pairs of shoes.
Laugh at me item number 2:
In a quest for steak and beer for dinner, Aaron and I were required to visit the local grocery store. We purchased the necessities. Steak, beer, propane, Dr. Pepper (for Aaron)... etc. While Aaron was taking care of the propane exchange I started to put the groceries in the truck. In doing so, the 12-pack of Dr. Pepper slipped out of my hand and landed perfectly flat on the ground at my feet. Stay with me here... When it did, it was positioned in such a way that the two cans on the end of the refrigerator pack were pointed just perfectly and exploded simultaneously and blew open the end of the fridge pack perfectly in such a way to completely drench me, the inside of my back door, my windshield (how the f***?!) the car in front of me and the car next to me in a single glorious spewing of caffeinated beverage. When it happened, I just stood there in shock with Dr. Pepper dripping from my glasses, my clothes, my nose... Just stood in shock. I slowly turned to see Aaron and a nice 50ish lady about to loose it staring at me. They just happened to be walking at the right time to observe the show worthy of Hollywood. After all of our laughing was over, Aaron and I drove home. By the time we got there, I was sticking to the truck and could not get into the shower fast enough. Yech!
Momma said their would be days like this...
--C
Comments
2. You apparently pissed off the Dr. P gods... A karmic cola catastrophe.
Must be a full moon. :)