165 things about me...

  1. When I was little people made fun of me for being big. As I walk down the hall towering over most others, I laugh at the torment this caused me.
  2. In college I had my ear pierced. Before the Florida game one year I had the other pierce. I looked way to "sweet" and took them out as soon as I got home.
  3. That smae trip I got a "G" shaved in the back of my head.
  4. I own more pairs of shoes than a straight man should.
  5. Every time I want to get a tattoo I wait for six months to see if it is a good idea. I still have no tattoo.
  6. I have the worst break up story you have ever heard.
  7. I have never had the patience to let my hair grow as long as I want to try. I am now two months in.
  8. I have shaved my head on multiple occasions. It is a style statement, not a belief statement.
  9. There are foods I don't like and foods that apparently I just think I don't like. If someone sneaks an ingredient in that I don't like, I am fine unless the truth comes out.
  10. In arguments about politics, I have never changed anyone's mind, and they have never changed mine.
  11. I almost went to FSU.
  12. In an interview for a summer music program, I was trying to convince the interviewers that I liked classical music. I mispronounced "Chopin" as "Chop In". I spent that summer bagging groceries.
  13. I was the first male cashier at the local Kroger in my town.
  14. I missed my jury once in college and still got an A.
  15. Sometimes when I can't get to sleep I fantasize about winning the lottery.
  16. I was attacked by a dog when I was a kid.
  17. I have never seen anybody die. I prefer to keep it that way.
  18. One trait I inherited from my mother is the ability to talk to ANYBODY if I so choose.
  19. I bowl, play pool, play darts, golf, play racquetball, and am better than average at most of them. Golf needs the most work.
  20. I have broken 250 bowling more than once.
  21. I have followed the 250 up with an 80.
  22. I am 6'5" and was engaged to a girl who was 5'. (lloonnggggg time ago)
  23. I run the gambit on what I like to do. From getting messy eating ribs to enjoying a multi-course meal with bottle(s) of wine. From working on my car to visiting museums. I will try (almost) anything once.
  24. Unless I concentrate I have trouble remembering names when I first meet people, but I can quote lines from movies like "The Jerk" or "Animal House" as if I wrote them myself.
  25. I trust people too easily sometimes. Lie to me once... that will be the only chance you get.
  26. I wish we were on 30 hour days so I could sleep all that I want as well as be awake to do everything I like.
  27. I broke both my hands in a fight in middle school. Our punishment was having to spend the weekend together.
  28. I learned the hard way that you should wash "Jersey" sheets before you sleep in them. I was a very big smurf.
  29. I have had a manicure and I am not ashamed to say it.... but maybe I should be.
  30. While I love scary movies and they don't give me nightmares, I do have a tendency to jump.
  31. I hate spiders with every fiber of my being. Snakes? No problem. Spiders... they should all die.
  32. I believe in karma but on the small scale. (Carson Daly taught me about karma)
  33. I have owned the following vehicles: 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. 1988 Pontiac Grand Am. 1999 Dodge Ram Pick Up. 1991 Isuzu Trooper (owned this for 2 weeks). 2001 Eddie Bauer Expedition. 2005 Convertible Mustang. 1967 Mustang. I still own the last three.
  34. When I was in high school, I took a cooking class to meet girls. While that plan did not work out as I expected, the skill has served me well over the years.
  35. Besides my watch, the only jewelry I wear is a silver Saint Christopher medallion my father gave me before he passed away.
  36. I have a lot of friends, but very few really know me.
  37. I am a chameleon and feel comfortable in any group of people.
  38. I was a national merit scholar, but not a nerd. (Ok... not *too* much of a nerd)
  39. I have been to the following countries: USA, Bulgaria, England, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Austria, and Pennsylvania.
  40. I like to shop. I like to buy things for other people too.
  41. Guilty Pleasure: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  42. Want me to do something? Give me a deadline.
  43. I pick up the speach patterns of the people I talk to when talking to them. After a conversation with my Mom phrases such as "y'all", "a stone's throw down the road", "comin' up a bad cloud", and "honey" are known the escape my mouth. The southern ddrrraaaawwwwwlllllll takes about 10 minutes to work its way out of my system.
  44. I used to be my brother's "dummy" when he learned Karate.
  45. When I grew larger than my brother, he apologized.
  46. I wish I had a photographic memory and perfect pitch.
  47. Photography is a hobby that I spend too little time with.
  48. I have a music ed degree and no interest in being a teacher.
  49. I can fall asleep on a plane before it takes off.
  50. I have skinny-dipped on more than one occasion.
  51. Blind dates are rarely a good thing. I have found that nobody will set you up with somebody better looking than they are. If you don't find the person setting you up attractive, do not accept the date.
  52. I can't sing, but I think I am rare in actually knowing this fact. It is very frustrating to hear it correctly in your head but not be able to reproduce the sound.
  53. I never have and never will sing karaoke.
  54. I am a very lucky person and thank the good lord for that every day.
  55. I had a guy hit on me in first class flying from Las Vegas to San Francisco. His come on had something to do with the size of my feet. I laughed and explained he wasn't my type. He was a guy. I hate to admit I was flattered.
  56. Meeting women at bars in Vegas is dangerous. I had a stalker for a while.
  57. Jobs I have had: Busboy (sp?), Bag boy, Cashier, Produce Clerk, Stock boy, Night security for multiple band functions hosted by the RedCoats, helped move the school of music to a new building, Bartender, Security Guard, web programmer, Webmaster, Marketing infrastructure manager, Vice President of Engineering, Producer, and Oracle Consultant.
  58. My musical tastes include *everything* depending on my mood.
  59. One of my favorite concerts was KC and the Sunshine band.
  60. In the same week I saw Tracy Chapman, Third Eye Blind, and Nelly.
  61. I would go insane without my iPod and XM.
  62. I know how to ballroom dance... at least I used to. It has been a while, but I really want to do it again. Just waiting for the right partner.
  63. I used to date my personal trainer. That did not end well, but we still talk occasionally and I wish her the best.
  64. I do own a pair of cowboy boots. I do not wear them often, but they are super comfy.
  65. I am still in love with my third grade teacher. I can still picture her curly blond hair and freckles.
  66. I still have the record for being the biggest baby born at the hospital in Syracuse. I think my mom is yet to really forgive me.
  67. I can actually remember having my diaper changed. Shut up! I stopped wearing them at the correct age.
  68. I miss the Waffle House.
  69. I don't currently go to church, but consider myself a Lutheran and believe in god. I do not judge people who don't believe.
  70. I am pretty sure one of the prettiest places on earth is Bristol in the fall or spring.
  71. There is a tree outside of Bolton hall that smells "naughty".
  72. I have done Yoga.
  73. I did a stage dive at a Faith no More concert in college my freshman year.
  74. I speak only one language, but can swear in several.
  75. I used to be able to read the Cyrillic (sp) alphabet.
  76. I can stare at the ocean for hours on end and am currenlty missing living on the coast.
  77. I prefer the "east" coast to the "west" coast.
  78. I have been in several plays and was the plant twice in Little Shop of Horrors.
  79. I bartended two of my cousins' weddings. Aaron was right beside me.
  80. Another cousin just got married and I wasn't even invited. phrph!
  81. I have not done it in years, but I liked fishing. Or maybe I liked sitting in a boat in Savannah with beer and good friends.
  82. I have been sailing quite a few times and miss it greatly.
  83. I have little tolerance for people who cannot manage their money or live within their means.
  84. As much as I try to clean, I have a maid.
  85. I do a little cleaning before the maid comes over. I guess that is my Mom's influence.
  86. I have fired a maid because my Mom said she didn't do a good enough job. I felt bad about that.
  87. I find yard work relaxing. Give me some pruning shears and an my iPod and I am good for hours.
  88. While I tend to curb the urge, as a boy I feel like the world is my bathroom.
  89. I went canoeing down the Colorado river starting just after the dam. Camping out that night I had nightmares that the dam would break.
  90. My greatest fear is to die of lack of oxygen.
  91. I was a boy scout.
  92. I took break dancing lessons when I was 12.
  93. If a woman likes me (or a girl back in the day), I have/had NO idea. Subtlety does not work on me ladies.
  94. I wish I had an inner monologue in someone else's voice and my own theme music.
  95. I giggle when I hear my name on TV.
  96. I was on the news once because I lost over 100 pounds. The internal name for the story at the station was "Fat boy slim".
  97. While I like other people, I get cranky if I don't get some alone time with my thoughts.
  98. Music has brought me to tears more often than movies.
  99. I have two cats named after Buffy characters.
  100. I thought about getting therapy once. Not because I felt like I needed it, but just because I wanted to talk about myself to a complete stranger. I was curious what they would have thought.
  101. Coffee is a gift from god.
  102. I was social chairman in my fraternity in college. I hate to plan events. This was not a good role for me to fill.
  103. I own a Brit Spears CD. shut up
  104. I entered the "blog" thing kicking and screaming. Now I am addicted and feel like I am not very good at it.
  105. I have lived in the city and the country. Both have good points and bad points.
  106. I played saxophone in college but marched with a sousaphone. I wasn't confused. It was a choice.
  107. My friend Aaron has a video of my goldfish passing away.
  108. A dream of mine is to spend a summer as a storm chaser. Having lived in Chicago and Cincinnati for many years, tornadoes fascinate me.
  109. I have never jumped out of an airplane but really want to. (not because I have to)
  110. I am 1/8th Cherokee
  111. When I was little I tried collecting stamps. My Dad didn't have the heart to tell me that you were supposed to collect ones that had not actually been sent in the mail. I had a very boring collection.
  112. My father was a professional photographer.
  113. My mother could sell ice to penguins if she was asked to.
  114. I burned some sausage one morning and the fire department showed up at 5:30 am. My girlfriend found this fact very funny and had emailed everyone she knew before I was done apologizing to the guys on the truck.
  115. I believe there is more than one soul mate out there. Otherwise the odds would be depressing.
  116. Like most people, when I hear my voice on tape I turn to the person next to me and say "Do I really sound like that?!?!"
  117. I want kids... Someday.
  118. I was a big fan of velcro shoes and calculator watches for a short, very embarrassing, time in my life.
  119. I voted for Perot. shut up
  120. I think toilet seats in public bathrooms are gross.
  121. I used to have guinea pigs.
  122. I used to sneak into the basement and listen to my brother's Kiss and ELO records. He also has a wide range of musical tastes.
  123. My college roommate got his nipple pierced. It got infected. I still shutter when I think about it.
  124. Kenneth Cole makes great clothes. IMHO
  125. My first CD was Huey Lewis and the News.
  126. Huey was my first concert.
  127. I saw Vanilla Ice in concert. It was during the three weeks he was popular.
  128. One of my favorite sporting memories is one game in little league when I reached out over the fence in center field to rob a home run away from the other team. That same inning I hit a grand slam.
  129. I was speechless when I went to the Grand Canyon. Pictures don't come close to doing it justice.
  130. When in 4th grade I had a teacher that would ridicule you for being late. To this day I am everywhere 10 minutes early.
  131. Good friends are the ones you can sit in silence with and it not be weird.
  132. I thought basic training might be a good way to get in shape when I was in college.
  133. I used to have "It's raining men" as a ringtone for my brother. I thought it would be funny... It turned out I just got a lot of strange looks.
  134. Some of my best programming ideas have been while in the shower.
  135. "Out of sight out of mind" Look in the bottom drawer of my fridge for proof. Gotta remember to clean that out before the maid comes back.
  136. I don't do things half way. If you are going to screw up, make it glorious. Give the townsfolk something to talk about for generations.
  137. Never been married, but almost. I proposed on the steps of the Chapel.
  138. My Mom reads my blog.
  139. A lot of people owe me money.
  140. I take great pride and happiness in the accomplishments of my friends.
  141. Ask me and you shall receive. I give of myself easily.
  142. Mom: skip the next two:
  143. My fathers funeral was the worst day of my life. (sorry Mom to bring that up, but ....)
  144. While my brother did have the guts, I could not be in the room when he died. I was afraid of being left with that memory. He was unconscious at the time and felt no pain.
  145. I tried cutting coupons when money was tight. I ended up spending more money buying things I didn't need because I had the coupons.
  146. I hate when people speak as an authority on a subject they have no idea about.
  147. I have a great boss.
  148. Since people from work read this, that last one is going to make me sound like a kiss-ass. Not my intention.
  149. I stole something when I was little. I had to take it back and apologize. I never stole again. That is an example of good parenting.
  150. I wish my parents had made me take piano lessons when I was a kid.
  151. I still think about my first dog Freckles.
  152. No matter how bad a person is, I can find something good to say about them.
  153. I hate when I step on a snail while being shoe-less.
  154. Music can make you feel better or worse depending on the play list.
  155. I have the ability to choose to be happy. I don't understand people who can't do this.
  156. Sometimes I choose to be bitchy. Its a choice.
  157. Sometimes I choose what to write based on not having to think too hard about spelling or grammar.
  158. I am very good at my job and am not afraid to say it.
  159. I am not afraid to ask for help when I need it.
  160. Most of the time I like to live life, but there are times that just observing is in order.
  161. I can be the life of a party or a wall flower. Depends on the mood.
  162. I don't have trouble making decisions, but there are times that I don't.
  163. I like to feel needed, but not all the time.
  164. If I am angry or upset with you, I don't hide it well or feel like I should.
  165. I want and plan to be rich with regards to money and life.

Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to. I left some things out. ;-)

--C

Comments

Oob said…
Fan-damn-tastic list, Chris. Too many specific comments to list in this teeny comment space, but really... great post.
Russell said…
I loved your list, but I shouldn't have read it while returning business phone calls. I burst out laughing at some poor woman that thought I was laughing at her.
Anonymous said…
You also got rid of a housekeeper cause your gf said she didn't get a good job. And your good housekeeper was MURDERED by her husband! I watch a lot of CSI, and I know a suspicious disappearance when I see one!!
Anonymous said…
a) I want to see the goldfish video
and
b) how many times have you heard your own name on tv?!