Couple things...

Today as I opened my mail, I noticed something from my Mom. She has been all "a twitter" for a few days about me checking the mail so I figured I would be getting something. She sent me a Valentine's card. How sweet... I notice the card is a little bulky so as I open it, "Wild Thing" starts playing. I immediately flash to that commercial we have all seen a thousand times where somebody in a cube farm sends this card to another person in the cube farm. I chuckle and read the card. There are lines like "... you make my toes curl..." Um... I don't think that is ok. I immediately ring up my Mum to inquire as to why *this* card was sent. Apparently she thought the song was funny since she too had seen the commercial and had planned on crossing out all the "inappropriate" messages but had gotten a phone call and forgotten. Sigh... yet another thing for future therapy. :-)






So tonight I am standing in line at the dry cleaner. About three people in front of me and one or two behind me. We are all waiting patiently for our turn to drop the clothes and go. During an especially quiet moment my phone goes off. It is my buddy Ron ringing me up about coming over to watch 24 tonight. The bad thing is that my phone ringer volume was turned all the way up and from my pocket rings out "It's raining men... hallelujah... It's raining men..." It was one of those Hollywood moments where everybody slowly turns in unison to look at me. I turned about 8 shades of red while digging around in my pocket in what I can only assume was a suggestive manor... The mute could not be found fast enough. I mumbled something about choosing that ringtone for him because I thought it was funny.... But here's the thing... He would think it is funny, but since he won't ever call me when he is within earshot of my phone the gag isn't very well thought out. Tonight Ron gets a new ringtone. I am thinking maybe something from Momma Mia... What do you think?

(Addition: I was just looking through my older posts when I came across this one. This isn't the first "ringtone" related problem I have had.)

--C

Comments