Breach of etiquette...

After lunch I stopped by the bathroom to... um... well... use the bathroom. (Don't worry, this isn't a gross or graphic story) Towards the end of the lunch hour this is apparently a popular place to be. Generally all the "stations" are in use with maybe a person or two waiting.

Aaaaaanyway... I am.. um... "at one of the stations" when I get a call on my cell. I am a nerd so everybody I know has a personalized ringtone and for any "unknown" calls I have yet another custom ring tone. This was one of the unknown types of calls.

So there we all are minding our own business when the theme song from Different Strokes begins blaring from my hip. It was a total tv moment when every head slowly turned to look at me with suspicious eyes. I quickly hit mute, but the the breach of etiquette was already done.

I can only take solace in that the breach could have been worse. As a joke for one of my friends (Ron), I used to have the song "It's Rainin' Men" play when he called. Fortunately I learned that he would never get that joke since he would never hear the ringtone. If he is within earshot, then why would he call me? I am a little slow sometimes. Thank goodness I took that one off my phone a while ago. Whew!

--C

Comments