New House: Lot Visit 02/06/2018 - Landscaping is complete

Progress over the past couple weeks has been fast and furious.  All the finishing crews have been working on top of each other and the house is looking more and more complete.  You know when the toilets are installed (all 5 of them), the house is nearing completion. 

While there has been a lot going on, most of the items are really not worthy of pictures.  I figured pictures of air conditioning vents/intakes, light switches, cable wall plates, toilets, etc aren't that interesting to anybody but us.

One big change that happened recently was the front yard landscaping.  There are a couple things we plan to change quickly, but overall I really like the design.

With our closing coming up in just over three weeks, items remaining are:  Carpet, granite, sinks, appliances, some plumbing fixtures, touch ups on the inside and outside of the house.  That's it!

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of boulders the builder put in our front yard.  The kids seem to like them as well.

Most of the shrubs they planted are tiny and sad... These are the best of  the lot.  If things don't grow significantly our first year, I see us replacing a bunch of them.



Comments