As you know (from a previous post), Monika and I rented a car one day to explore Crete. While on this trip, we stopped in a little town that offered boat rides out to a little island with some ruins on it. It was super hot and a little crazy on the island, so we elected to not read every sign and instead just explore. It was a great excursion and it turned out to be A LOT of climbing/hiking. We slept well that night.
No... These were not the boats we took.
Enjoying the view waiting for lunch to arrive.
This place had a great view, but was probably the worst place we at while in Greece.
Fries = Underdone. Meat = Chewy. The rest was pretty good though.
You can't really tell from the picture, but that round thing on top of the hill was really big and the hill really tall and REALLY steep!
I don't want to say anything, but that guy looks pretty cool there.
Lots and lots of tourists... One little tiny gift shop. The only place on the island to buy anything to drink.
Remember I mentioned Greece has a lot of churches? This is one of them.
We have a lot of pictures of me. We have a lot of pictures of Monika. We only have a few pictures of both of us. This is one of my favorites.
See that dark walkway? That was the route back to the boat dock. I wanted to go that way. Monika wanted to go up the steps. Those steps led to the awful rock climbing trail to the peak of the island. Monika won the battle. I was not happy.
This was about 1/72 of the way up the hill.
Monika was queen of the mountain!
I think I was praying for an elevator.
The stairs up to the top didn't have a hand rail. Monika climbed up with no problem. Getting down she had a death-grip on the wall. lol.
Comments