2015 Hagood Year in Review

Wait... what?!  It is 2016 already?!?!  I have said it before and I will say it again, the older you get, the faster time seems to go by.  Gone are the days sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring when it seemed like a minute stretched into an hour and an hour stretched into OH MY GOD!!!! WILL THIS CLASS NEVER FREAKIN' END?!?!... ahem... Anyway.  Yeah, feels like just yesterday I was writing this post for 2014.

2015 has been a great hear in many ways and I am blessed to have a healthy and happy family to start 2016 with!

Onto the questions I answer every year.

1) Where did you begin 2015?
Monika and I started the year in our bedroom with all the blinds open watching the fireworks going off over the Las Vegas strip.  If you stand on your tip toes, you can see the strip from our bedroom.

Kids were in bed having rang in the New Year at 9pm (midnight east coast time).

Note:  The funny thing is... this is exactly what I wrote in last year's post.  This year we did something more interesting but you will have to wait until next year's post to read about it.

2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
Married.  Extremely, undeniably, happily married.  Never going to change.

3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
School? no.  Classes yes.  I took training related to PMP and CSM certifications.  I also took a week long .Net class.

Angela started kindergarten... She is growing up too fast!

4) How did you earn your money?
Monika and I are both securely employed with great jobs.  I work in IT and Monika in engineering.  Steady jobs rock!

5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Thankfully no... This is a trend I would like to keep going in 2016

6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
Beyond saying hello when I see them around, no.  I was a good boy this year.

7) Where did you travel this year?
The whole family visited my Mom and Charlie in Ocean City, MD.  On that trip I had a long overdue visit with my older cousin Connie and her beautiful family.

Monika and I also took what we like to call a "repeat honeymoon".  We went back to Hawaii for a week.  Great trip!

I have no idea where we are headed in 2016.

8) What did you purchase that was over $1,000?
Vacations and new tires for Monika's vehicle.

9) Did you know anybody who got married?
No, but we have high hopes for 2016 and a few people.

10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
Unfortunately yes.

11) Biggest surprise?
Lots of good stuff this year.  I don't know that I could put one surprise above the other.

12) Did you move anywhere?
Nope, but I hope to answer this question differently next year.

13) What concerts/shows did you go to?
We saw Pentatonix and Kelly Clarkson.  Awesome concert!

14) Are you registered to vote?
Yes!

15) Who did you want to win Dancing with the Stars?
This is a carryover question from doing this for several years.  I think I should put a different question here next year.

16) Where do you live now?
Vegas

17) Describe your birthday?
Family time.  Loved it!

18) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2015?
Saw a volcano up close and in person.

19) What has been your favorite moment?
Family time. There isn't one moment I can think of better than the rest... family time is awesome.  Besides family time...

When I got the phone call officially telling me I got the promotion I had been working towards.
When I passed my PMP exam.
When Monika called to tell me she got a great job with a new company.
Every time Monika smiles at me.
Every time Angela kisses me on the cheek and says "I love you Daddy!"
When Jon Connor first sees me after work, smiles, and runs over to me as fast as he can for a hug.

20) What's something you learned about yourself?
Patience is a virtue I didn't realize I had.  Kids can teach you this.

21) Any new additions to your family?
No no no no!

22) What were your best months?
October and December were great, but the others were pretty good as well.

23) What music will you remember 2015 by?
The Dump Truck Song (search on YouTube for it if you have kids), Call Me Maybe (kids again), Shake it Off (kids), Let it Go (kids), Hello, the soundtrack to Star Wars.

24) Who has been your best drinking buddy?
Didn't drink enough this year to have a drinking buddy.  The times I did have a few, Monika was there. This is how I prefer things.

25) Favorite night out?
Every date night with Monika.  The night we saw Pentatonix was pretty awesome.

Comments