2013... a look back...

I have done this a few times in the past.  I like the format so I am using it again.

1) Where did you begin 2013?
Monika and I started the year in our bedroom with all the blinds open watching the fireworks going off over the Las Vegas strip.  If you stand on your tip toes, you can see the strip from our bedroom.  Angela was in bed, and our 9 day old Jon Connor was sleeping soundly next to our bed.  We were still adjusting to the new addition to the family, and I was shocked (SHOCKED) we were still awake at midnight.

2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
Married.  Extremely, undeniably, happily married.  I don't see this ever changing.

3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
I was at my daughter's school on many occasions dropping her off.  Me?  No... I am done with homework!

4) How did you earn your money?
Writing software.

5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Angela and Jon Connor's doctors work in the same building as the hospital.  Besides that... no.  (knocks on wood)

6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
While I was out for a walk with Angela one evening this summer, a police officer turned on her lights and pulled up next to us.  She asked Angela to see her license.  Angela had wide eyes and kept looking straight ahead.  I told her to say hello to the officer... to which Angela slowly turned to me and said "Shhhh Daddy!  It's the cops!"

7) Where did you travel this year?
Monika and I took Angela to Knott's Berry Farm in California.  We all had a GREAT time!  I want to do it again next summer!  Maybe Disney as well.

This year's BIG trip was our five year late honeymoon.  We had family that flew in to watch the kids so Monika and I could get away.  We went to Hawaii for the best vacation I have ever had.  Great memories from that trip.  We had a wonderful time.

8) What did you purchase that was over $1,000?
Nissan Armada and a Lexus RX350.  Both of our replaced cars were having transmission problems.  Fortunately, we got rid of the cars before it got too bad...

9) Did you know anybody who got married?
A couple people.  Did we get invited?  No... boo!

10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
Monika's Grandfather.  He was an amazing man who sheltered people from the Nazis back during the second world war.  I was in awe a couple years ago when he showed me where they hid people and asked to share a shot of vodka with me.  It isn't a memory I will ever forget.

11) Biggest surprise?
Angela's progress while growing up.  I know kids learn fast and make giant leaps in what they can understand and do... It almost seems normal now for Monika and I to say "WOW!" when she does something new.  At 3 and a half, she knows how to work the Apple TV and set the sleep timer on her TV herself.  And she might know her way around our tablets better than us.

12) Did you move anywhere?
No no no no NO!  I hope to not have to ever change this status.

13) What concerts/shows did you go to?
Do movies count?  This year I hope to see Book of Mormon and the Pentatonix concert.

14) Are you registered to vote?
Yes and I exercised this right.

15) Who did you want to win Dancing with the Stars?
Don't know.  Don't care.  A better question should be "Who did I want to win 'The Sing Off'?".  Answer: Home Free.

16) Where do you live now?
Vegas

17) Describe your birthday?
Low key evening with family.  Good times.

18) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2012?
Gave up my iPhone and went with a Samsung.  After 7 months, maybe I should write a post regarding my experience.  I will say this.  If Apple ever comes out with a 5 inch screen, I will go back to the iPhone.  Apple really has the UI pegged.  Oh... and having the ability to upgrade my memory by 64gb for $50 instead of $200-300 is important as well.

19) What has been your favorite moment?
The first time Angela said "I love you Daddy".  There have been sooooo many good moments this year... but I think that one has to be the top.

20) What's something you learned about yourself?
While I have a healthy respect for heights... It turns into fear when I am para-sailing.

21) Any new additions to your family?
Does a nanny count?  It should.  She has had an AMAZING impact for us.

22) What were your best months?
I think May... Finally got to go on our honeymoon!

23) What music will you remember 2013 by?
"What does the fox say?"

24) Who has been your best drinking buddy?
Didn't drink enough this year to have a drinking buddy.  The times I did have a few, Monika was there. I think this is how I prefer things.

25) Favorite night out?
Every night in Hawaii!

--C

Comments