Dear Angela,
I know it has been a while since I wrote to you, but it's because I have been using up all my free time playing with you! (And playing a little golf too!)
Currently you are 20.5 months old and it I can't remember a time you weren't a part of our lives. Watching you grow up is just a joy. Thanks for that.
It looks like I haven't written to you since June. For shame! So what has changed? Pretty much everything. Back then you barely had your feet under you. Now you run across the room at a pace that makes us actually "move" to keep up with you. Unless it is nap time or bottle time, you don't want to be held. You want to be moving! I have also noticed that I am pretty sure your skull is made out of some space age NASA material, because if it wasn't, I don't know how you could go on. There was one week you just seemed to be attacking things with your head. Fortunately for us, you seem to have moved beyond that.
You are currently teething... AGAIN... but judging by how many teeth you have I can't see how you can fit any more unless you start loosing some. I think we have a couple years before that happens. And thank you for not being too fussy while you teeth. If you could knock off some of the drooling, that would be great too!
Your list of friends has grown. You love your play dates, but your best friend is definitely Buffy (our boxer). You two can spend hours playing together and it might possibly be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Every time I post a video of you and Buffy playing together, by Facebook comments go crazy. I am still a little shocked at how good Buffy is with you. She is rough enough for you to love playing, but also gentle enough that she never hurts you. In fact, the only time we have to worry is when Buffy doesn't realize you are behind her... then you sometimes get hip-checked into the wall. All in all though... I couldn't be happier with you two!
Talking. I LOVE when you talk. Your command of Polish and English is still a little shaky but you are definitely learning both languages. It is just adorable when you repeat what we are saying, and even better when you decide to use a word on your own. Currently your favorite thing to say is "Bye Bye!" while waving your arm in a very excited fashion. You say bye bye to everything and everyone. I figure you are just trying to make sure you don't miss someone/thing leaving. One night we were watching American Idol... Just as the song ended, you stopped playing with your blocks, looked at the TV... and said "Bye Bye"... before going back to your blocks. Turns out that person did actually get voted off. Your timing was perfect!
I won't go into great detail on the potty training progress. We started introducing you to your little toilet a while back and you have naturally come around to using it more and more often. I love when you go open the bathroom door then come back to us and say "poopoo". The first time I didn't believe you actually knew what was going on... But we went to the bathroom and you were actually asking for what you needed. Someday after you change diapers for 20.5 months, you will understand the joy of your offspring starting to use the toilet. Happy days... (Just hope I don't jynx it!)
Every day I come home from work, I am greeted with a big smile from you as you dash off yelling "Da Da Da Da Da...". Then you run back and give me a hug. Best part of my day.
--Dad
I know it has been a while since I wrote to you, but it's because I have been using up all my free time playing with you! (And playing a little golf too!)
Currently you are 20.5 months old and it I can't remember a time you weren't a part of our lives. Watching you grow up is just a joy. Thanks for that.
It looks like I haven't written to you since June. For shame! So what has changed? Pretty much everything. Back then you barely had your feet under you. Now you run across the room at a pace that makes us actually "move" to keep up with you. Unless it is nap time or bottle time, you don't want to be held. You want to be moving! I have also noticed that I am pretty sure your skull is made out of some space age NASA material, because if it wasn't, I don't know how you could go on. There was one week you just seemed to be attacking things with your head. Fortunately for us, you seem to have moved beyond that.
You are currently teething... AGAIN... but judging by how many teeth you have I can't see how you can fit any more unless you start loosing some. I think we have a couple years before that happens. And thank you for not being too fussy while you teeth. If you could knock off some of the drooling, that would be great too!
Your list of friends has grown. You love your play dates, but your best friend is definitely Buffy (our boxer). You two can spend hours playing together and it might possibly be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Every time I post a video of you and Buffy playing together, by Facebook comments go crazy. I am still a little shocked at how good Buffy is with you. She is rough enough for you to love playing, but also gentle enough that she never hurts you. In fact, the only time we have to worry is when Buffy doesn't realize you are behind her... then you sometimes get hip-checked into the wall. All in all though... I couldn't be happier with you two!
Talking. I LOVE when you talk. Your command of Polish and English is still a little shaky but you are definitely learning both languages. It is just adorable when you repeat what we are saying, and even better when you decide to use a word on your own. Currently your favorite thing to say is "Bye Bye!" while waving your arm in a very excited fashion. You say bye bye to everything and everyone. I figure you are just trying to make sure you don't miss someone/thing leaving. One night we were watching American Idol... Just as the song ended, you stopped playing with your blocks, looked at the TV... and said "Bye Bye"... before going back to your blocks. Turns out that person did actually get voted off. Your timing was perfect!
I won't go into great detail on the potty training progress. We started introducing you to your little toilet a while back and you have naturally come around to using it more and more often. I love when you go open the bathroom door then come back to us and say "poopoo". The first time I didn't believe you actually knew what was going on... But we went to the bathroom and you were actually asking for what you needed. Someday after you change diapers for 20.5 months, you will understand the joy of your offspring starting to use the toilet. Happy days... (Just hope I don't jynx it!)
Every day I come home from work, I am greeted with a big smile from you as you dash off yelling "Da Da Da Da Da...". Then you run back and give me a hug. Best part of my day.
--Dad
Comments