Dearest Little Angela,
You aren't even a year old and I am already worked up about how much time has gone by. I love watching you grow, but can you stay my little little girl for a little longer?
I have put off and put off writing this post for a couple reasons. First of all, you and your Mom are in Poland so the more I think about you, the more I miss you. Secondly... I just don't know how interesting I am going to be able to make this post.
When you and Mom left for Poland almost two weeks ago, I was convinced you would be walking by the time you got home. Thus far, you seem to have been waiting to get home so I can witness your first steps. I want to be there for them, but little one... if you feel the need to walk, you go right ahead. I think your grandparents over there might like to see that too!
From what I hear, you are having a grand time on your vacation. Your feet barely touch the floor before a different relative or friend has whisked you into their arms. Everybody seems to love you and I don't have any trouble understanding why. You are a little Angel.
Also... be prepared that when you get home you won't get out of my arms until it is time for bed. I knew that I would miss you and your Mom, but honestly... it has been terrible without you here. I think the best way to put it is that my life feels like it is on hold for a couple weeks. I can start living again when you two get back. (Sorry for all the melodrama)
This month hasn't been that big a deal for firsts besides your first of many trips to Europe. This month you seem to have been practicing all the stuff you have learned up to this point. You stand on your own easily and when you decide to go somewhere you almost break the sound barrier with you crawling speed. You have been in the pool a few times and I am pretty sure bath time is your favorite time of the day. Basically, it appears you enjoy being in water. I know it is common for babies to be like that, but you are just so dang cute I still have to comment.
A couple of days ago, I called Poland to check on how my girls were doing. Your Mom had me on speaker phone and when you heard my voice from across the room your little head perked up and you said "Da da?!?!". Then you crawled straight over to the phone and started babbling away. I had to wipe my eyes a little as your Mom described how happy you were to hear my voice. Every day since when I call we get to have a "conversation" while Mom holds the phone. I am getting some tears just now even thinking about it.
It seems like I am going to type the same thing (I miss you) over and over and in different ways, so I am going to finish up this blog post.
Be safe my little one and come home to Daddy. I will see you on Sunday!
--Dad
You aren't even a year old and I am already worked up about how much time has gone by. I love watching you grow, but can you stay my little little girl for a little longer?
I have put off and put off writing this post for a couple reasons. First of all, you and your Mom are in Poland so the more I think about you, the more I miss you. Secondly... I just don't know how interesting I am going to be able to make this post.
When you and Mom left for Poland almost two weeks ago, I was convinced you would be walking by the time you got home. Thus far, you seem to have been waiting to get home so I can witness your first steps. I want to be there for them, but little one... if you feel the need to walk, you go right ahead. I think your grandparents over there might like to see that too!
From what I hear, you are having a grand time on your vacation. Your feet barely touch the floor before a different relative or friend has whisked you into their arms. Everybody seems to love you and I don't have any trouble understanding why. You are a little Angel.
Also... be prepared that when you get home you won't get out of my arms until it is time for bed. I knew that I would miss you and your Mom, but honestly... it has been terrible without you here. I think the best way to put it is that my life feels like it is on hold for a couple weeks. I can start living again when you two get back. (Sorry for all the melodrama)
This month hasn't been that big a deal for firsts besides your first of many trips to Europe. This month you seem to have been practicing all the stuff you have learned up to this point. You stand on your own easily and when you decide to go somewhere you almost break the sound barrier with you crawling speed. You have been in the pool a few times and I am pretty sure bath time is your favorite time of the day. Basically, it appears you enjoy being in water. I know it is common for babies to be like that, but you are just so dang cute I still have to comment.
A couple of days ago, I called Poland to check on how my girls were doing. Your Mom had me on speaker phone and when you heard my voice from across the room your little head perked up and you said "Da da?!?!". Then you crawled straight over to the phone and started babbling away. I had to wipe my eyes a little as your Mom described how happy you were to hear my voice. Every day since when I call we get to have a "conversation" while Mom holds the phone. I am getting some tears just now even thinking about it.
It seems like I am going to type the same thing (I miss you) over and over and in different ways, so I am going to finish up this blog post.
Be safe my little one and come home to Daddy. I will see you on Sunday!
--Dad
Comments