Picture of the day... 01/07/2011


I know it is a little late for the "Baby's First Santa Visit" picture, but I just now got it scanned... and it was too cute to not post.  As we approached the Santa Booth, we could hear other children screaming in fear.  Personally... I can TOTALLY understand the fear of Santa thing... I was scarred as a kid.  Heck; I "still" don't really want to go sit on his lap...

I digress.  As we approached, we wondered out loud how this was going to work out.  Would Angela make it?  She cries when just about ANYBODY else but Monika or I hold her.  But with it being her first Christmas we had to risk it.  When we walked in, Angela knew something was up. She wasn't crying, but she was working on her binky like there was no tomorrow.  Before Monika handed over our daughter, she explained to both Santa and his picture taking elf that once she handed over the baby, there was about a 15-20 second window before the crying would start.  After making sure everybody was ready, Monika handed off Angela and snatched the binky out of her mouth... Immediately the picture was taken.  As you can tell by the wide eyes, Angela was quite surprised by her situation.  It might also be she was just confused since she was wearing that same exact outfit (the santa outfit) earlier in the day.

Almost on cue after 15 seconds, here little eyes shut and she let out a wail to let us know she was not pleased with the situation.  Monika retrieved our child from Santa's arms while I picked up the picture.  As Angela calmed down again working her binky, we thanked everybody... they all seemed quite amused out how well it worked out and how well we predicted the crying.  Good times...

--C

Comments

Russell said…
Best Santa photo I've seen this year. Her face is HYS-terical.

I'm thrilled that she didn't cry when I got to hold her. :-)