Dearest Angela,
Congratulations on being on the downhill to completing your first year of life. It seems like in any time now you will be doing stuff like long division or going to college. Oh... by the way... you will be going to college so get used to the idea.
Once again this was a month of "firsts" for you. Just to name a few:
- First Christmas
- First New Year's Eve/Day (if you are reading this years later... you pretty much slept through all the excitement while your mother and I drank champagne and watched fireworks)
- First night sleeping in your own room
- First time sitting up on your own while demonstrating some balance
There were more, but these are the highlights. It is just a joy to watch as your little personality is starting to develop. It is becoming more and more obvious to us when you are not pleased with something... When you aren't happy you actually grunt a little and I think you have figured out how to sigh in exasperation. It is really cute, but I am yet to get it on video. Maybe you can work with me on that?
Feeding you has turned into an adventure. Some days your appetite is insatiable, while other days you close your mouth shut and turn your head away every time you see a spoon. A couple of times we were able to trick you by holding a toy in front of your mouth and then feeding you when you opened your mouth for the toy. You would always get a "what the hell just happened" expression on your face and then look at us with what I can only imagine was an indignant look. Unfortunately for us, you figured this out pretty quick and no longer fall for our tricks.
We have started giving you "mums" and "teething cookies" from time to time. You appear to LOVE these. We put you up in your high-chair and hand you a cookie, then you spend the next hour working on eating it and talking to yourself. Honestly... I could sit and watch this for hours. You are the picture of contentment and it is adorable.
Speaking of teething... I know it has been rough for you girl. Your first two teeth (bottom front) came in quickly and it didn't seem to bother you much, but the past couple weeks have been tough. There are times when you just cry and cry and we can't do much about it. When you are laying there clutching your teething toy and have your face scrunched up into a blood curdling wail, it breaks my heart. I have tried on several occasions to give you some whiskey to dull the pain, but Mom threatens me with her kung fu skills when I approach you with the bottle. Sorry girl... But just know it won't last forever.
Other progress: You are talking a lot more now, but are yet to say "Daddy"... I think you just need to focus a bit more. You aren't quite crawling yet, but when we put your toys just out of reach you seem to be working out how to inch forward to reach them. I predict crawling this month. With a little assistance you are now standing. In fact you LOVE standing. If you are on our lap you aren't happy unless we are helping you stand so you can look around. You have also (with assistance) started standing up from a seated position. And every time you do, you get a wonderful "OMG! OMG! OMG!" expression on your face before you start giggling. Cute doesn't begin to describe it.
It seems like the time between my writing these blog entries gets shorter every month... please do me a favor girl and don't grow up to fast... Your daddy can't handle that.
Love,
Dad
Congratulations on being on the downhill to completing your first year of life. It seems like in any time now you will be doing stuff like long division or going to college. Oh... by the way... you will be going to college so get used to the idea.
Once again this was a month of "firsts" for you. Just to name a few:
- First Christmas
- First New Year's Eve/Day (if you are reading this years later... you pretty much slept through all the excitement while your mother and I drank champagne and watched fireworks)
- First night sleeping in your own room
- First time sitting up on your own while demonstrating some balance
There were more, but these are the highlights. It is just a joy to watch as your little personality is starting to develop. It is becoming more and more obvious to us when you are not pleased with something... When you aren't happy you actually grunt a little and I think you have figured out how to sigh in exasperation. It is really cute, but I am yet to get it on video. Maybe you can work with me on that?
Feeding you has turned into an adventure. Some days your appetite is insatiable, while other days you close your mouth shut and turn your head away every time you see a spoon. A couple of times we were able to trick you by holding a toy in front of your mouth and then feeding you when you opened your mouth for the toy. You would always get a "what the hell just happened" expression on your face and then look at us with what I can only imagine was an indignant look. Unfortunately for us, you figured this out pretty quick and no longer fall for our tricks.
We have started giving you "mums" and "teething cookies" from time to time. You appear to LOVE these. We put you up in your high-chair and hand you a cookie, then you spend the next hour working on eating it and talking to yourself. Honestly... I could sit and watch this for hours. You are the picture of contentment and it is adorable.
Speaking of teething... I know it has been rough for you girl. Your first two teeth (bottom front) came in quickly and it didn't seem to bother you much, but the past couple weeks have been tough. There are times when you just cry and cry and we can't do much about it. When you are laying there clutching your teething toy and have your face scrunched up into a blood curdling wail, it breaks my heart. I have tried on several occasions to give you some whiskey to dull the pain, but Mom threatens me with her kung fu skills when I approach you with the bottle. Sorry girl... But just know it won't last forever.
Other progress: You are talking a lot more now, but are yet to say "Daddy"... I think you just need to focus a bit more. You aren't quite crawling yet, but when we put your toys just out of reach you seem to be working out how to inch forward to reach them. I predict crawling this month. With a little assistance you are now standing. In fact you LOVE standing. If you are on our lap you aren't happy unless we are helping you stand so you can look around. You have also (with assistance) started standing up from a seated position. And every time you do, you get a wonderful "OMG! OMG! OMG!" expression on your face before you start giggling. Cute doesn't begin to describe it.
It seems like the time between my writing these blog entries gets shorter every month... please do me a favor girl and don't grow up to fast... Your daddy can't handle that.
Love,
Dad
Comments