Several times I have started writing a post about my year. Regardless of what I write, it seems to be no more than a flat representation of a wonderful year. I am not talented enough of a writer to paint an accurate picture, so I am not going to try. Just know that 2010 was really really really really (etc) a great year.
Since I do feel like I should post "something", I am going to ressurect a format from a couple years ago to hit some of the high points of the year. If you are interested, here is the same post for 2008: http://hagoodc.blogspot.com/2009/01/2008-quick-look-back.html.
1) Where did you begin 2010?
Standing on top of a hill in the northwest Las Vegas valley watching fireworks with my lovely pregnant wife and my father-in-law.
2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
In love and married. Yay!
3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Nope
4) How did you earn your money?
Writing software.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yes... But is was for the birth of our daughter... the best reason to go there!
6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
Nope. I would like to keep that going next year.
7) Where did you travel this year?
We didn't travel much this past year. It was more of a "homey" year for us. We did make it to: Atlanta, GA. Valley of Fire state park, NV.
8) What did you purchase that was over $1,000?
Wow... the answer to this question is "nothing"... We were frugal.
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
Yes, but I don't know them very well. Met them a few times.
10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
Yes... This year we said goodbye to my Aunt Helen. She was a wonderful beautiful person as well as my godmother. She touched many lives and is greatly missed.
11) Biggest surprise?
The biggest surprise for me this year is the amount of pure joy having a family provides. I just never imagined a little daughter could make such a significant change in my life... I knew there would be changes, but the amount of joy has surprised me.
12) Did you move anywhere?
Thankfully no! I would be happy to just stay where I am for a long long long time!
13) What concerts/shows did you go to?
Chopin on the Rocks in honor of Chopin's birthday. And.... um... I think that is it. (Monika, feel free to correct me if I missed something.)
14) Are you registered to vote?
Yes.
15) Who did you want to win Dancing with the Stars?
Who has two thumbs and doesn't care? This guy! (pointing at myself with my two thumbs)
16) Where do you live now?
Vegas
17) Describe your birthday?
Had dinner/drinks with good friends and family.
18) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2010?
Held my daughter as she fell asleep in my arms.
19) What has been your favorite moment?
Without a doubt it was the birth of our daughter. Nothing else comes close.
20) What's something you learned about yourself?
How much I enjoy being a dad.
21) Any new additions to your family?
My daughter!
22) What were your best months?
June!
23) What music will you remember 2010 by?
Nursery rhymes. "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" is forever etched in my memory.
24) Who has been your best drinking buddy?
Didn't drink enough this year to have a drinking buddy.
25) Favorite night out?
Going to the Chopin concert.
--C
Since I do feel like I should post "something", I am going to ressurect a format from a couple years ago to hit some of the high points of the year. If you are interested, here is the same post for 2008: http://hagoodc.blogspot.com/2009/01/2008-quick-look-back.html.
1) Where did you begin 2010?
Standing on top of a hill in the northwest Las Vegas valley watching fireworks with my lovely pregnant wife and my father-in-law.
2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
In love and married. Yay!
3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Nope
4) How did you earn your money?
Writing software.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yes... But is was for the birth of our daughter... the best reason to go there!
6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
Nope. I would like to keep that going next year.
7) Where did you travel this year?
We didn't travel much this past year. It was more of a "homey" year for us. We did make it to: Atlanta, GA. Valley of Fire state park, NV.
8) What did you purchase that was over $1,000?
Wow... the answer to this question is "nothing"... We were frugal.
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
Yes, but I don't know them very well. Met them a few times.
10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
Yes... This year we said goodbye to my Aunt Helen. She was a wonderful beautiful person as well as my godmother. She touched many lives and is greatly missed.
11) Biggest surprise?
The biggest surprise for me this year is the amount of pure joy having a family provides. I just never imagined a little daughter could make such a significant change in my life... I knew there would be changes, but the amount of joy has surprised me.
12) Did you move anywhere?
Thankfully no! I would be happy to just stay where I am for a long long long time!
13) What concerts/shows did you go to?
Chopin on the Rocks in honor of Chopin's birthday. And.... um... I think that is it. (Monika, feel free to correct me if I missed something.)
14) Are you registered to vote?
Yes.
15) Who did you want to win Dancing with the Stars?
Who has two thumbs and doesn't care? This guy! (pointing at myself with my two thumbs)
16) Where do you live now?
Vegas
17) Describe your birthday?
Had dinner/drinks with good friends and family.
18) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2010?
Held my daughter as she fell asleep in my arms.
19) What has been your favorite moment?
Without a doubt it was the birth of our daughter. Nothing else comes close.
20) What's something you learned about yourself?
How much I enjoy being a dad.
21) Any new additions to your family?
My daughter!
22) What were your best months?
June!
23) What music will you remember 2010 by?
Nursery rhymes. "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" is forever etched in my memory.
24) Who has been your best drinking buddy?
Didn't drink enough this year to have a drinking buddy.
25) Favorite night out?
Going to the Chopin concert.
--C
Comments