Angela... Month 4...

Dear Angela,

I have no idea if these blog posts are going to be around when you are old enough to read... I hope so, but I find I enjoy writing them thinking that some day you will be able to have some insight into what your Mom and I were like when you were just a little wisp of girl.

It seems the biggest surprise has been how much joy you have brought to our lives.  Monika and I were just talking the other day about if having a child is anything like what we thought.  It pretty much has been in the ballpark of what we expected with the exception of the joy.  When you laugh... When you smile at us.  When you are crying, but the moment we pick you up you stop... Joy joy joy.  You still have the ability to bring tears to my eyes when you stare at me while I am talking and break out a huge toothless smile.

This month has been a month of firsts for you.  You had your first solids.  You had your first medical prescription (not to worry... you are just fine).  You had your first party.  You have started grabbing things we hand you instead of just batting blindly at them.  You have started to recognize your Mom and me even when we aren't right in front of you.  And... apparently your LOVE our dog Buffy.  It seems one of your favorite pass times is to sit and watch as she dashes around the room playing with her toys.  I look forward to when you are old enough to actually play with her instead of just watching.  I know Buffy can't wait too.  She has always been very gentle around you, but I can tell she wants to play.

Just the other night we had some guests over to the house to finally meet you.  You were so cute in your little party outfit.  Everybody couldn't wait to hold you... but you were having none of that.  Every time we handed your off to one of our friends, within minutes you were crying with a vengeance.  As soon as Monika and I would take you back, you would stop crying.  I don't want to sound selfish, but it felt kinda good that you wanted us.

So some day when you come back and read some of these blog entries.  What I want you to come away knowing is that when I think back on my life... I know these are going to be some of my fondest memories... Spending time with my wife and daughter.  Joy is only the beginning of the description...

Love,
Dad

Comments

Anonymous said…
this is the cutest thing I have ever read! I like the idea to write to your own child. I think when I have my own I am going to do it too.