Angela... Month 2...

Dearest Angela,

In the next day or two (depending on when I post this) you will be two months old.  I think your Mom, Grandma, and I are finally getting the hang of taking care of you.  It turns out the formula isn't that difficult... If you are crying, you are A) Hungry B) In a dirty diaper C) Want your binky.   Occasionally, you just need to cry because that is what babies do at your age.  The first couple times you went through that it was rough, but now we just hold you tight and sing out of tune songs to you until you calm down.  I am only fearful that my singing is going to ruin any love for music you may have had later in life.

Just the other day when I got home from work, Grandma was holding you... When I walked up and said "Hi Angela!", you turned your head and smiled.  I melted....  And that pretty much happens any time you smile at me.  I hope to get hold of that a little better before you are fourteen or the first time you ask me to buy you something I will buy ten of them.

Every day your personality starts to show a little bit more.  Sometimes when we are talking to you, I am 99% sure you are talking back but in your own little baby language.  I will ask you about your day and with wide eyes you respond with words I just don't understand... but I can tell you are trying to tell me something.  I checked Google Translate, but it doesn't have "baby" as one of the languages... maybe soon though....

Now that you have received all your vaccinations, we are starting to take you to the outside world a little more often.  This is a big deal for us, but not apparently for you... As soon as we strap you into your car seat, you promptly fall asleep until we get home.  Of course... now having said that I am sure you are going to scream like crazy when we go to the Cheesecake factory for dinner tonight.  And I am sorry... no cheesecake for you little one.  Not for a couple more months at least.

That being said... I have been in my office for too long already and am ready to go wake you up...

Love,
Dad

Comments