30 days...

We are officially inside of one month of Angela being born… At least if the due date is correct. The past couple weeks have been insane for us. Monika graduated with her Civil Engineering degree, and I could not be more proud of her. I could write at length about her inner strength and how much I admire her, but I would rather just tell her… (Note to self… Tell Monika that tonight.)

Monika’s senior project (with her other three team members) took first place in the category of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Again… the pride I feel for her is too much to describe.

We have been to dinners for awards… Ceremonies recognizing outstanding students… Birthday parties… graduation parties… etc etc… and through it all Monika has a tummy “OUT TO HERE” (you have to picture me miming a big belly) filled with our little bundle of joy. Every day Monika’s belly has gotten bigger, she has simultaneously gotten more beautiful. She is beyond cute right now to. I love to watch her when she thinks nobody is looking. She ends up with the cutest expressions on her face as she contemplates how to pick something up off the floor without falling over from a newly relocated center of gravity… How when she isn’t paying attention, her belly shows from underneath her shirt. I find it difficult to not just run up and hug/kiss her all day when we are together. Sometimes I just do… She can deal with me acting a little crazy every once in a while.

Friday was probably our last sonogram before the birth. The baby was a little hard to see for a while until the technician hit the perfect angle and suddenly there was Angela’s face up on the monitor. I stopped breathing as soon as I realized what I was looking at. It felt like the first time I “saw” her. I still smile when I think about it.

Everything is looking good. As of Friday, Angela was 6 pounds, 3 ounces. If things progress according to “the book”, then we are looking at about and 8 ½ pound daughter. Still in the normal range if maybe just a little big.

Angie has turned and is head down ready for her exit. This is good… For the past week or so, towards the top of Monika’s belly, there would be a lump. We knew it was Angie, but had no idea what part of her… I won’t lie… we would sometimes poke the bump a little and Angie would move around in there. We were both relieved to find out we had not been poking our child in the head. Apparently we were poking her little butt. Or maybe a knee… I am still a little unclear the exact position she is in… But we know she is head down.

Monika has gone into heavy nesting. Every day when I get home, more of the baby stuff is spread around the house. If you walked into the house right now you would think we already have multiple kids. Am I complaining? Not at all… I can’t wait for it to get put to good use.

My lunch is about to wrap up here at work, so I should finish this post and get back to being productive. I will try to get another post up before the “20 days” post.

Again… Monika… I am sooooo proud of you.

--C

Comments

Monika said…
Finally, I found time for nesting.:)