Third Trimester...

Dearest Daughter...

Today is an important day... Your Mom started the third trimester of her pregnancy. I realize the concept of time or calendars is years away from your understanding, but to us it is a big deal. Depending on the day it seems like you will never get here, and on the other hand I feel like you are going to pop out and start crying any minute. We are beside ourselves with anticipation.

Mom and I are doing well. You will be happy to know the progression of the backyard landscaping is coming along well, and there is a good chance that by the time you start crawling we might actually have some grass back there. I don't want to get your hopes up, but that is the plan.

I don't want to gross you out or anything, but your Mom seems to get more beautiful every day. I really wish you were on the outside so you could see it. (Not meant in a gross way) I have always heard that pregnant women "glow", but never understood it until now. She really is glowing and I think I fall a little more in love every day... Happiest time of my life.

I am sure that you are now familiar with the sound of my voice since I have made it a nightly ritual to talk through Mom's belly button to you. Funny thing about the belly button... I am starting to give it a wide berth since I am pretty sure any day now it is going to go from an "inny" to an "outty". I am not sure how I am going to deal with that... Try not to think of it I guess.

Outside of feeling your little kicks as I talk to you, Mom and I can actually see you moving around in there. The first time I heard your heartbeat, my heart grew a little bigger... The first time I felt you kick, it happened again... Now we can see you moving around... Just amazing.... I can't wait for you to get here.

Now... a couple of requests. I have been doing some research on this whole "diaper" thing... I don't think that either of us are going to enjoy it, so I am planning on potty training you at week three. Please prepare yourself for that. Mom rolls her eyes at me when I talk about it, but I have faith we can get the potty training done if we work together. So, for the couple weeks we are doing the whole "diaper" thing, I would really appreciate it if you would refrain from peeing on me. I know it will be tempting when you are feeling free from having the diaper on... but I would "REALLY" appreciate it if you refrained.

Lastly, I know you are going to be pooping quite a bit at first. I get that. I won't hold it against you. I have a pretty regular schedule with work and it would be great if you could hold off as much as possible until I am at work and unavailable for this "duty". Think you can do that for daddy? We can discuss car options for your 16th birthday.... Just saying... You help me, I help you. (Just kidding)

Ok... It is time for me to head off to bed and talk to you for a little while. Hope you are having fun in there!

Love,
Dad

(Note: I don't intend on "Nothing to See Here" becoming a baby blog... but for now... I mean, what is a blog for? For me it is to write about what is happening in my life and what I am thinking (when I get a chance). For now, my life is totally about Monika and the pregnancy. They are what I think about and therefore what I write about. I could write more about all the lovey-dovey feelings Monika and I are having, but I am pretty sure NOBODY wants to ready that except us, so I refrain. Do I see the content changing soon? No idea. Just want to be honest with you loyal reader. Although... If you have a request for content, please feel free to ask. I could always write about SQL theory. )

Comments

Russell said…
:-)

I'm going to love reading about your adventures. By the way, the 3 best gifts we received; a video monitor, miracle blanket and a sleep sheep.

Don't ask questions, just register for that stuff. These things kept us sane and the baby from flying through the window.
Unknown said…
I love hearing about your mushy feelings! They make me wonder if you ever thought you could feel this way 5 years ago when you were holding Bradley! I love that picture!