I typically think of January as the month to relax and catch your breath from the craziness that was the holiday season. Every year I think that, and every year I am wrong. This year is proving to be no different.
We (and by we, I mean my father-in-law) has completed building the massive gazebo in our back yard and is now taking care of some other projects around the house before he departs for his trip home to Poland. Every day I get home there is some new upgrade to the house that I look forward to discovering. The gazebo is freakin' amazing... but that is the subject for another post (with pictures). Other things have been running electrical outlets in the back yard. Running electrical for additional lights in the garage. New lights and remote controlled ceiling fans throughout the house... Shelves for the baby's room... I wish he could stay longer! All joking aside, having him her has been great and when he leaves on Thursday Monika and I will both be sad he is gone... I can only imagine how empty the house is going to be. I am fully prepared for Buffy to whine for a day or two after he leaves... They have bonded.
With Monika's final semester of school about to begin, our landscaping project getting geared up, and trying to prepare for the baby... There isn't a lot of down time in our near future. Add to that, this seems to be the month for friends to head to Vegas. I have a friend that just moved here that I have not even had a chance to see yet. I have another friend in town for the Consumer Electronics Show... We missed getting together for dinner this past Sunday, but I hope Monika and I can meet with her for breakfast or lunch this weekend.... And I just found out a dear friend of mine will be in town a couple weeks from now...
I am soooo not complaining about friends and visits... I wouldn't trade getting to see them... It just goes to show that January never seems to work out to be the relaxing month I think it should be. I gotta run now, but feel free to email me and let me know when you are going to be here in Vegas... I know there will be more or you. And you are always welcome.
--C
Comments
LV_HUSKER