Thoughts over lunch...

So here I sit having just finished my lunch on my last day of work before the trip to Poland. If you are reading my blog, I am sure you are aware the impetuous of this trip to Poland is for me and my lovely wife to take part in the second part of our wedding vows. We got married here in Vegas back in October. This was the civil ceremony and probably the best day of my life. This coming Sunday, our church wedding will be held in Olsztyn, Poland.

Sitting here with my lunch hour winding down, I find myself awash in unexpected emotions. I am very VERY excited about the trip and the wedding, and I don't know how I am going to survive until we get on the plane tomorrow morning at 8:20am. I can't concentrate. I am finding focus to be a little beyond my abilities. Fortunately for me, what I am working on today doesn't require much brain power. I have done this type of work for years... At least I am being productive even if my brain is already on vacation.

The wedding this Sunday is still kind of surreal to me. I have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but as with most unknowns... I am sure many of my assumptions are not going to be spot on. I know that I am going to be welcomed into a huge loving family this week of which I am only going to be able to communicate effectively with a few of. I know the wedding is going to be a Catholic mass. I know we are getting hitched in a cathedral built over 600 years ago. I know my Mom is going to cry. I know as I watch Monika walk down the aisle to meet me a second time tears or joy won't be far from reality for me. I know Sunday is going to be another "best day of my life"... and I can't wait.

It is the unknowns that I find myself thinking about. How is it going to feel being in a room with such a big family, and having to have a translator for a lot of it? (I really REALLY need to work on learning Polish better) The reception is from 5pm until 3am the next morning. What is a 10 hour party in our honor going to feel like? How bad are my feet going to hurt? All my thoughts are good and I am not worried or stressed about anything. I just find myself wondering what it is going to be like.

Of course I am looking forward to seeing Monika's parents again... Seeing my new friends and family who I met on my last trip. I look forward to meeting other people I have heard about for the past two years. I... just... can't... wait.... No other way to put it.

We are taking our computer with us on the trip and we have a brand-spanking-new camera going with us too... To all of our friends who really wanted to come with us, but couldn't.... I promise to take tons of pictures and I will try to post some of them while I am there.

Hope everybody has a happy and safe couple of weeks. This Sunday at ~6am (PST), if you are awake... Think about us saying our vows half a world away.

--C

Comments