This and that...

I have "puppy watch" tonight. Normally Monika and I share in this responsibility, but tonight my lovely wife is taking a final exam and I am here with Buffy. Don't get me wrong... I am not complaining. Just giving you the run down of the situation. I am sure Monika would trade places with me in a heartbeat if that was an option. In fact she jokingly asked if I wanted to take her water resources final for her. I responded by asking her if she wanted to pass. I have glanced at her homework and there is just no way.

Thankfully tomorrow is Monika's last day of exams for the semester. She took a huge number of classes and I am happy to say she has come through it with flying colors. I am soooo proud of her. I just don't know how she managed to juggle so many things.

After a little while Buffy didn't really want to play anymore, but she cried every time I left her and went inside... so for a little while I sat outside in silence wondering what to do... Then it dawned on me that I own a laptop! (Yeah... firm grasp of the obvious) So I thought I might write up a little blog post to let y'all know I am still alive. I just don't seem to have any time anymore. But as a good friend once told me, it is better to get busy living life rather than just writin' about it. Guess that sums it up.

The funny thing was when I fired up the laptop out here, suddenly Buffy became very interested in what I was doing. She didn't seem to grasp the concept of the computer and sat there looking at me with her ears folded back. Then she started to... well... the only way I can describe it is that she started talking to me. Kind of groaning a little while whining at the same time. Sounded like somebody on the wrong side of a bottle of vodka if you asked me describe it. I am not sure exactly the point she was trying to get across, but in my head it was something like "Daddy! I don't know what you think you are doing, but I am NOT pleased that you are paying attention to that shiny thing sitting on the table instead of playhing with me. I would close the laptop, she would stop talking and walk away. If I opened it, she would come back and start again. It really was very cute. She didn't want to play with me, but she didn't want me to pay attention to anything else.

With that... My Monika is home and I want to go say hi!

--C

Comments