I am stuck in that place where I have a lot of stuff to write about but I didn't just want to talk about all of it in one or two sentences. Then it became more than a week since I posted and I felt like I needed to write a longer post. Then I just didn't have the time or inclination to do that... Then more time passed... etc. etc. etc. So I will now just do a quick re-cap post of the last 9-10 days.
Last weekend (like 9 days back) was a wonderful weekend. Instead of sticking to our normal weekend routine, Monika and I went out on the town Saturday and spent the day shopping and acting like a tourist. Even rode the roller coaster at the Adventuredome. It was a really fun day! On Sunday we decided to do a little work in the back yard and that ended up being A LOT of work in the back yard. We planted several of the trees we had purchases recently and also made a big flower bed that took much much longer than we planned. By the time we were done, it looked great... and we both were sportin' sun burns.
I moved to a different department where I work last week. The move happened for a couple different reasons, all of which really had nothing to do with me. I was excited about the new environment but was a little nervous about what I was walking into. After spending a week there I can say that it is a good move and I really like the people I work with as well as the work I am doing. Doing my best to kick ass and build a good reputation for myself. Working so far. It seems they are having trouble finding enough stuff to keep me busy before the big project starts.
Bowling went well last week. I didn't bowl the best, but our team won 7 out of 7 points. Nice!
This past weekend Monika and I purchased all the materials for the patio in our backyard. The patio is going to be roughly 16ft x 15 ft. That means three pallets of pavestone. Two tons of type II compacting material, one ton of sand, and a couple bags of filler sand to go in the cracks when we are done. Everything gets delivered today. Since Monika is on spring break she will start moving it to the backyard. We considered getting some day labor guys, but in the end decided to do it ourselves.
I finally finished my taxes last night and will be overnighting the packet to my CPA today. We celebrated with some Polish Vodka (me) and some champagne (Monika).
Tonight I bowl and then the rest of my free time will be spent on yard work for the foreseeable future. I am looking forward to it!
--C
Comments