Manual labor...

Monika has spring break from college this week and so it seemed the right time to get started on the heavy lifting portion of our backyard.  First task to knock out was the 15ft x 16ft pave stone patio.  We ordered our material on Sunday and it got delivered yesterday.  We ordered three pallets of pave stone, two tons of type II base, two packs of sand for the top, and one ton of sand to go under the pave stones.

By the time I got home from work yesterday, my lovely wife had already moved a little more than one entire pallet of pave stone to the backyard.  I was amazed.  After a quick bite and a change of clothes I grabbed the wheel barrow and started helping.  As the sun dipped below the horizon we had successfully moved all the pave stone to the backyard.  With each brick weighing five pounds, we did some quick math to figure out how much weight we moved.  It was 8,100 pounds!  Over four tons!  AND... Monika moved over one ton by herself.  Amazing.

Tonight we get to work on the type II material which should be easier to move... I hope.

Surprisingly, I am not as sore today as I thought I would be.  Yeah, I am stiff... But not anywhere near as bad as I thought I would be.  Guess the hot bath last night helped.  :-)

--C
(And yes... I do plan to post some pictures of the before and after when I get a chance to pull them off the camera)

Comments

georgiagirl said…
You just wait, it's always the second day that hurts the worst!