The good: I am once again healthy! Woo-Hoo! It has been like five days (knock on wood) and I seem to have finally banished those pesky little germs from my body. I don't spend the night coughing. I don't have to blow my nose every thirteen seconds. I don't have to consider what I eat because there is a chance I will see it again a few hours later. (It is amazing how that affects your food choices... "What is the least gross/painful thing to throw up?") So yeah... this is the good.
The bad: My Monika is fighting off some of the nasties that I had. She is putting up the good fight and through the help of lots of cold medicine, the battle is still not decided. She has a cold, but it really does not seem as bad as what I had... Or at least she is handling it better. Of course I completely accept the fact that the only reason it doesn't seem as bad is because it isn't me that is sick. I just wish there was something I could do to help...
The Etc: Trying to find the best flight prices to Poland for August is killing me. I should have jumped a couple days ago when the price dropped to $1270 per person. The flights were good... the times were good... the connections were pretty good... Wasn't looking forward to spending 6 hours in the Newark airport, but it is better than a 1.5 hour layover in Chicago. 1.5 hours is just not enough time to get through customs and make it to your next flight.
I think I spent a little over two hours last night searching online and then another half hour this morning before work. The price for the exact dates we want has gone up a bit. $50 actually... But that translates to $150 since we have to buy three tickets. Or I could come back a day later, but then I would miss more work. That would cost a lot more than $150. Coming back a day earlier or anything like that jacks the price up to $1450 per person. No thank you. I will give it some more time... The trip isn't until August, but when I see the flights again for $1270, I am jumping on them!
--C
Comments