This is actually not a blog about voting. This morning I witnessed something I have never seen before. I was headed south on Valley View waiting to turn west on Charleston. I was about 5 cars back. We got the little green turn arrow telling us it was safe to proceed. As the first car started to turn he was nearly hit by traffic heading north on Valley View. Many horns were honked and many fingers were displayed out car/truck windows. I thought to myself that the folks headed north were a bunch of a$$ hats.
The light turned red and only three cars were able to make the left. When we once again got the green arrow the same thing happened. After all the oncoming north traffic had passed and I was able to make my left I looked over my shoulder to see that the folks headed north also had a green. Whoops! Somehow the traffic lights were WAY out of sync.
As soon as I got to my desk I dialed 9311 (9 to get an outside line) to alert metro of the problem. I am just amazed there weren't any accidents there this morning. I just had never seen anything like this before.
Here is a little diagram to demonstrate what I am talking about.
--C
The light turned red and only three cars were able to make the left. When we once again got the green arrow the same thing happened. After all the oncoming north traffic had passed and I was able to make my left I looked over my shoulder to see that the folks headed north also had a green. Whoops! Somehow the traffic lights were WAY out of sync.
As soon as I got to my desk I dialed 9311 (9 to get an outside line) to alert metro of the problem. I am just amazed there weren't any accidents there this morning. I just had never seen anything like this before.
Here is a little diagram to demonstrate what I am talking about.
--C
Comments