This was just an odd weekend. There was good and bad. I am going to start there since I can close with the good stuff and not walk away from the computer depressed.
If you know me, you know I am a big UGA fan. I don't have the flag hanging from my house (yet) or anything like that... but I am a fan. You probably also then know that this weekend my Dawgs had their a$$ handed to them by Bama. I would love to say we had an off night, or that Bama played above their heads, but I am fan an not a football expert. I just know how disappointed I was when the score hit 31 - 0. It is one thing to loose when you are rebuilding. One thing to loose on the road. One thing to loose when ESPN wasn't broadcasting from your campus all day... But this one hurt a lot. All the hype starting at the end of last year... Pre-season #1. Our team looking good and getting better each week. When your expectations are that high, it hurts just a little bit more when you are taken down a notch. I have to hold on to what I have seen from our team the past couple years. When their nose gets bloodied a bit, they step it up and play with a fire that wasn't there before. Last year it was losses to UT and the lil' USC. The year before Vandy and Kentucky. This year we have a week off before we head back in for another game, so hopefully this year it will only be the one loss when they turn it around.
I sure hurt to watch, but I can only imagine how the players felt when they took the pads off and went back home. They played their hearts out in the second half and just ran out of time. All the Bama fans seem to be saying the only reason we beat them 31-10 in the second half was because of them playing backups. Maybe true, maybe not. I am not well versed enough to even argue the point.
All of that being said... In two weeks I will most definitely have my UGA shirt on and be proud to have it. The loss may hurt, but our team has its fate in their own hands. I feel good about what that is going to mean moving forward.
GO DAWGS!
--C
If you know me, you know I am a big UGA fan. I don't have the flag hanging from my house (yet) or anything like that... but I am a fan. You probably also then know that this weekend my Dawgs had their a$$ handed to them by Bama. I would love to say we had an off night, or that Bama played above their heads, but I am fan an not a football expert. I just know how disappointed I was when the score hit 31 - 0. It is one thing to loose when you are rebuilding. One thing to loose on the road. One thing to loose when ESPN wasn't broadcasting from your campus all day... But this one hurt a lot. All the hype starting at the end of last year... Pre-season #1. Our team looking good and getting better each week. When your expectations are that high, it hurts just a little bit more when you are taken down a notch. I have to hold on to what I have seen from our team the past couple years. When their nose gets bloodied a bit, they step it up and play with a fire that wasn't there before. Last year it was losses to UT and the lil' USC. The year before Vandy and Kentucky. This year we have a week off before we head back in for another game, so hopefully this year it will only be the one loss when they turn it around.
I sure hurt to watch, but I can only imagine how the players felt when they took the pads off and went back home. They played their hearts out in the second half and just ran out of time. All the Bama fans seem to be saying the only reason we beat them 31-10 in the second half was because of them playing backups. Maybe true, maybe not. I am not well versed enough to even argue the point.
All of that being said... In two weeks I will most definitely have my UGA shirt on and be proud to have it. The loss may hurt, but our team has its fate in their own hands. I feel good about what that is going to mean moving forward.
GO DAWGS!
--C
Comments