For years this (see title) has been the phrase we use to describe my Mother. To say she has a way with people is like saying Bill Gates has a little money. Mom can talk and I don't care who you are, you walk away liking her when she turns on the charm. Any time she has decided to take a job in sales, her numbers are just amazing.
But this personality trait doesn't just translate to sales. It isn't uncommon for her to walk out of a restaurant with the bill having been reduced by 50%... or to have prices dropped on anything when shopping... free stuff... She doesn't ask for it, people just end up giving it to her. I think I have inherited some of this ability, but as of yet I have not figured out how to wield the power.
Last night Monika and Mom went out looking for a dress Mom can wear to the wedding. At the first store, they found one that was a little expensive... but it was on sale marked down 15%. In just talking to the sales woman the price dropped again another 20% as their conversation went on... Then at the cash register Mom played the trump card. She started talking about having recently had a heart attack... Mom ended up walking out of the store having paid only 20% of the original price for her new dress. Total discount was more than 80%! Nice... I only hope to someday be able to walk in the shadow of her talents. (Minus the heart attack of course.)
It is good to have Mom visiting. :-)
--C
Comments