Last night I had to run a few errands... Drop off the dry cleaning... get gas... return a dreadful Red Box movie... buy a few groceries. After conveying my plan to my future wife, she asked me if I would pick up some "thank you" cards while at the store. I love her, so of course I would do this. While tooling around the local Smith's I strolled down the greeting card isle looking for the cards that I knew would make her smile.
The pickins' were a bit slim with regards to thank you cards. There were some that looked like something my grandma would have sent (bless her soul). There were some that looked like a tree had thrown up on them. There were a couple that just baffled me as to their design. Then I saw them! They were very cute and had a nice pastel design. Pastels aren't my thing, but you girls like that right? Right. Confident with my choice in cards I strutted up to the register just waiting to get home and impress Monika with my thank you card picking prowess.
I paid the nice automated register and responded with a "you're welcome" as it thanked me for shopping at Smith's and headed home. After I got home and put away the groceries I purchased, I grabbed my "oh so perfect" cards and headed to Monika's office where I was sure she would shower me with praise and kisses for picking the "perfect" cards. As she looked up expectantly at me with her big eyes I pulled out the cards from behind my back. She held them in her tender hands as a smile began to broaden across her face. I knew I had done well. And then the smile turned to laughter and almost tears as she struggled for words. I will admit that I was slightly confused at this point. When Monika finally regained her composure she politely informed me that I had actually selected baby shower thank you cards instead of bridal shower thank you cards. At which point she grabbed her cute little belly and asked if there was something I needed to tell her.
I was not amused. Today she returned the cards and apparently had a good laugh with the cashier as she relayed the story to her. Do you see ladies?! This is what you get when you send a guy to pick out the cards. At least I fought the urge to purchase ones with animals in compromising positions. That's funny right there. :-)
Hope this purchase isn't foreshadowing.
--C
The pickins' were a bit slim with regards to thank you cards. There were some that looked like something my grandma would have sent (bless her soul). There were some that looked like a tree had thrown up on them. There were a couple that just baffled me as to their design. Then I saw them! They were very cute and had a nice pastel design. Pastels aren't my thing, but you girls like that right? Right. Confident with my choice in cards I strutted up to the register just waiting to get home and impress Monika with my thank you card picking prowess.
I paid the nice automated register and responded with a "you're welcome" as it thanked me for shopping at Smith's and headed home. After I got home and put away the groceries I purchased, I grabbed my "oh so perfect" cards and headed to Monika's office where I was sure she would shower me with praise and kisses for picking the "perfect" cards. As she looked up expectantly at me with her big eyes I pulled out the cards from behind my back. She held them in her tender hands as a smile began to broaden across her face. I knew I had done well. And then the smile turned to laughter and almost tears as she struggled for words. I will admit that I was slightly confused at this point. When Monika finally regained her composure she politely informed me that I had actually selected baby shower thank you cards instead of bridal shower thank you cards. At which point she grabbed her cute little belly and asked if there was something I needed to tell her.
I was not amused. Today she returned the cards and apparently had a good laugh with the cashier as she relayed the story to her. Do you see ladies?! This is what you get when you send a guy to pick out the cards. At least I fought the urge to purchase ones with animals in compromising positions. That's funny right there. :-)
Hope this purchase isn't foreshadowing.
--C
Comments