Plans progressing...

I feel like the wedding plans are progressing again. The wedding invitations are here and folded and Monika and I have actually gotten a few sent out. We should get to all of them this weekend. It turns out that this is the biggest pain we have experienced regarding the wedding thus far. Picking them, paying for them (ouch), waiting, folding, and addressing. Just takes a lot of time neither of us seem to have.

After visiting more jewelry stores than any self respecting man should, my ring has finally been picked out. I will be buying it this weekend and since my ring size is a 15 the special order will take about four weeks. Glad we didn't wait until the last minute on this one. It will be very weird for me to wear a ring every day for the rest of my life. I have no problem with it, but I have never worn rings, so it will be an adjustment. A good one though. (I am NOT complaining here)

Monika and I confirmed with the caterer our final menu as well as a bunch of the setup options. The tasting was a lot of fun, but when I asked if we could do it a few more times to be sure of our choices they said no. We were already sure of our choices, but enjoyed having a multi course meal with the chef coming out to explain each dish.

I should have a final answer on the hotel situation in about a week. My connection at a strip hotel seems confident she can secure us some good rates, but if it doesn't happen by next Wednesday I am going with plan B.

Our registration process has begun at Macy's and Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I would say we are about 35% done and might finish this weekend.

Remaining to-dos: Pick flowers, pick my tux, pick a DJ, find an officiator, pick a cake... Well... at least those are the ones at the top of the list. I think the tux is next. But not today... today I am playing golf!

I am surprisingly enjoying all this. Hope it stays that way!

--C

Comments

Russell said…
Woo-Hoo!!!