Whoops!...

As I have written about before, Monika's schedule is a bit crazy right now and mine is just a little better. As I look forward to each week I see things planned for just about every day. Most of it means Monika and I just get to say "hi" before we go to bed and "goodbye" when we leave for work, but the weekends are golden. While I have started carving out the time in the mornings to exercise, Monika's schedule just doesn't afford her that option. So last weekend we started our Saturday morning with a trip to the gym together. A) We get to the gym (which is always good) and B) We actually get some time together... even if I am sweaty and gross by the time we are done. Then we have breakfast.

We only made it once last weekend, but did it Saturday and Sunday this week. Nice.

All of that preamble was just to get to what I am writing about. Both of us loaded up our iPhones with movies prior to our trip to Poland, but thanks to great in-flight movies we really didn't get around to watching the iPhone content. Not wanting the movies to go to waste, Monika had the great idea to use the iPhone while she was doing her cardio. I watched the TVs at the gym while she laughed away at her movie. She mentioned how quickly the 30 minutes of cardio went and I was sold. This morning I grabbed the iPhone as we headed out the door.

After hopping on the elliptical, I fired up the iPhone to look for a movie. I was torn between American Gangster and Good Luck Chuck. Not wanting something too serious I elected to watch the latter of the two options. The movie started off pretty good and I laughed out loud several times. Turns out Jessica Alba has some decent physical comedy skills. Color me surprised. While just minding my own business watching my movie... all of a sudden there is a topless girl on my screen. I snatched up the iPhone off the machine as quickly as I could without falling into Monika on the machine next to me. Monika gave me a "what the he** are you doing" look, and I just smiled. As the scene played out with me hold the phone to my chest, I realized I was surrounded by women on all the machines around me. Judging by the lack of interest on their faces, none of them had seen Dane Cook um... well... had not seen the topless woman in the scene with Dane. I will just leave it at that.

After things seemed to be safe (I still had the audio playing in my ear), I put the iPhone back on the machine to continue my workout. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the movie because about 20 minutes later it was sex scenes galore. There were boobs everywhere! I went through the dance of holding the iPhone to my chest while it sounded like Dane had sex with about 20 women. This time the lady to my right gave me a look with a raised eyebrow. I turned three shades of red. Thankfully my 30 minutes were up and I was able to retreat to the weight room with my tail between my legs.

Next week... American Gangster!

--C

Comments