I get to the office before the majority of people with my arrival time being somewhere just a little before 7 in the morning. Fortunately for me there is at least one person (Joe) who arrives consistently before me. I say fortunately because he makes the coffee EVERY morning. When I get here I never have to worry about making coffee or cleaning out the coffee from the day before. It is just ready. I have thanked him many many times for this. It makes the morning a little easier when I walk in the door.
Last week Joe stopped by my desk to inform me he would be out of the office at a conference the first three days of the following week (this week). Didn't want to upset me but felt it was the right thing to do... informing me. I asked him to please check with me before making any additional travel plans. He laughed, told me where to go, and was back to his office. No bad feelings there... just kidding with each other.
This morning when I walked over to the coffee room, I figured I would have to make coffee if I wanted any to drink. To my pleasant surprise all the burners were on and the pots were half full. (There are four pots: Medium, Strong, Decaf (yech!), and water for tea) It didn't really register as odd that ALL the pots were only half full at 6:50 in the morning. I grabbed a cup of medium and headed back to my desk. Then I took a sip of the coffee... Then I spent ten minutes cleaning up my desk where I spit it out. Apparently somebody thought it would just be a good idea to turn the burners on and re-heat all the coffee that had been left Friday afternoon. Who would do that?! It is over two hours later and I still can't get that taste out of my mouth.
I can't wait for Joe to get back...
--C
Last week Joe stopped by my desk to inform me he would be out of the office at a conference the first three days of the following week (this week). Didn't want to upset me but felt it was the right thing to do... informing me. I asked him to please check with me before making any additional travel plans. He laughed, told me where to go, and was back to his office. No bad feelings there... just kidding with each other.
This morning when I walked over to the coffee room, I figured I would have to make coffee if I wanted any to drink. To my pleasant surprise all the burners were on and the pots were half full. (There are four pots: Medium, Strong, Decaf (yech!), and water for tea) It didn't really register as odd that ALL the pots were only half full at 6:50 in the morning. I grabbed a cup of medium and headed back to my desk. Then I took a sip of the coffee... Then I spent ten minutes cleaning up my desk where I spit it out. Apparently somebody thought it would just be a good idea to turn the burners on and re-heat all the coffee that had been left Friday afternoon. Who would do that?! It is over two hours later and I still can't get that taste out of my mouth.
I can't wait for Joe to get back...
--C
Comments