Last weekend the temperatures here were just horrible. I think it was 109 on Saturday and then 110 on Sunday. As Monika and I were running our errands in the mid-day sun we started reminiscing about our trip to Santa Monica just a short time back. Oh to be back there with the temperature in double digits and only a short drive away from the ocean. It wasn't too long after that I suggested a trip to California for the three day weekend. After we quickly ran down our schedule in our heads it was decided that we were going to get the he** out of Vegas for the 4th of July weekend.Instead of just repeating our last destination we decided to head on down to San Diego. It isn't that much farther and there is the added bonus of getting to visit my aunt and uncle. After making sure they were going to be in town and asking for some hotel recommendations I began the task of trying to secure a hotel on one of the busiest weekends of the year in San Diego. My searches were consistently bringing up $300-$400 dollars a night and the only hotels dropping below $200 were only 2-3 stars. I was getting worried.
Worried until I stumbled across a web site that specializes in discount codes for hotels. That is when I came across a screaming deal for the Omni Hotel (San Diego). Not only were the rates reasonable for a four star hotel, but the location was perfect, the rooms outstanding, the pool unbelievable, AND...the discount code gives you the third night free! I just didn't believe it so I called, and in about 10 minutes on the phone the room was booked. Judging by the common rates, we are getting it for about $150 less per night and then with the third night free!?... Just a great find.
Don't worry... I will be taking my camera. :-)
--C
Comments