The trip is almost here…

Originally Posted on May 11, 2008
--------------------------------------------------

Actually if feels like the trip is careening towards us faster and faster every day. I didn’t let on too much, but until today I was a bit anxious. But after a day spent discussing the trip, completing 99% of the packing, getting my finances in order… I am ready to go. And hopefully when I get back I will have a nice tax refund check waiting for me.

Monika has been telling me since we booked our flight that it would be cold in Poland. I don’t know why that didn’t sink in. Until recently I was planning on the majority of my wardrobe being shorts and t-shirts. But then I took a look at the weather this week and decided more long pants were in order. I am even taking a light jacket. Low to mid 60s during the day isn’t bad, but the night lows in the 40s tells me to take something warm. It is going to be weird leaving temps in the 90s this Thursday. I just wonder what the temp will be like when we get back. Probably over 100. Ugh!

I have taken a two week vacation before, but I have not been out of the country that long. Being there doesn’t make me nervous at all. Making sure all my ducks are in a row here does. I have triple checked the bills and they all seem to be taken care of. Larry (big brother) is going to check the house pretty much every day, and make sure the cats don’t kill each other.
I know I am only an email away when I am there, and I know Larry can handle everything… It just makes me a little nervous. I am sure that once I am on the plane headed that direction I won’t worry so much.

It seems to be time for bed. I will be pulling a 12 hour day at the office tomorrow. Fun fun!

–C

Comments