Originally Posted on May 24, 2008
---------------------------------------
Slight detour from the day-by-day blog posts…
Yesterday while driving back from Warsaw it was raining. There was a big flashing sign that was obviously a warning, but I didn’t recognize the word. I asked Pavel what it said. He explained it said danger because there are a lot of accidents in this stretch of the road when it rains. Then he said “It is cheaper to put up a warning sign than it is to make the road safe.” Hm… I guess some things are universal. It is the same way in America until somebody sues.
–C
---------------------------------------
Slight detour from the day-by-day blog posts…
Yesterday while driving back from Warsaw it was raining. There was a big flashing sign that was obviously a warning, but I didn’t recognize the word. I asked Pavel what it said. He explained it said danger because there are a lot of accidents in this stretch of the road when it rains. Then he said “It is cheaper to put up a warning sign than it is to make the road safe.” Hm… I guess some things are universal. It is the same way in America until somebody sues.
–C
Comments