
It says "Water Feature Off to Comply With SNWA Drought Restrictions"*. I don't know why this struck me, but it did. Maybe because I think that they would have printed "We are going to act like children and comply with the rules but pitch a fit while doing it." The mental image of somebody thinking they are "getting back" at the water authority for this is painted very clearly in my mind.
Here is the funny thing... If Angel Park really cared that much about the water feature, they could use reclaimed water instead of potable water.* But that might cost a little money to implement, where printing up this sign was probably pretty cheap.
On the flip side... I could have this wrong. The message might be that they are complying with the water restrictions and this sign is a way of them telling us. You see, golf courses are always a target when water rates go up. They use a LOT of water to maintain all their grass. What most people don't understand is A) How much they pay for it... and B) That they often use reclaimed water instead of potable.
I am actually pretty sure that is what's going on here. I should probably just delete this post.
--C
*SNWA - Southern Nevada Water Authority
*Reclaimed Water - sometimes called recycled water, is former wastewater (sewage) that has been treated and purified for reuse, rather than discharged into a body of water. In some locations, it is treated to be cleaner than standard drinking water,[1] and is used indirectly for drinking. In other locations, it is only intended to be used for nonpotable uses, such as irrigating golf courses and parks, filling decorative fountains, fire fighting, and irrigating crops that will be peeled or boiled before being consumed.
*Potable Water - Water of sufficient quality to serve as drinking water is termed potable water whether it is used as such or not.
Comments