Originally Posted on May 19, 2008
------------------------------------
I am far from home I know, but the warmth I have felt since landing here in Poland has made me feel like this is my home. We have spent our first few days here in Gdansk, and today after we pack we will drive three hours to Monika’s parents house in Olsztyn. They met us here our first night so I am not nervous about meeting them. Just really looking forward to getting to see where Monika grew up. Tomasz and Ala (Monika’s coursins we have stayed with) have been outstanding hosts. We really have had a great time here.
Last night after we got back home from a BBQ at Tomasz’s brother’s house they turned on the TV and we ended up watching Dancing With the Stars. I laughed quite loudly when it came on because I immediately recognized the music. The title was in Polish but I blurted out the name and the look of surprise on everybody’s faces was priceless. This was the semi-final round so of course we have to watch the finals next Sunday.
I have to go pack for our trip to Olzstyn now, but wanted to write a quick blog to say all is well here in Poland and we are having a great time.
–C
------------------------------------
I am far from home I know, but the warmth I have felt since landing here in Poland has made me feel like this is my home. We have spent our first few days here in Gdansk, and today after we pack we will drive three hours to Monika’s parents house in Olsztyn. They met us here our first night so I am not nervous about meeting them. Just really looking forward to getting to see where Monika grew up. Tomasz and Ala (Monika’s coursins we have stayed with) have been outstanding hosts. We really have had a great time here.
Last night after we got back home from a BBQ at Tomasz’s brother’s house they turned on the TV and we ended up watching Dancing With the Stars. I laughed quite loudly when it came on because I immediately recognized the music. The title was in Polish but I blurted out the name and the look of surprise on everybody’s faces was priceless. This was the semi-final round so of course we have to watch the finals next Sunday.
I have to go pack for our trip to Olzstyn now, but wanted to write a quick blog to say all is well here in Poland and we are having a great time.
–C
Comments