How silly was I? I had a bum cable box that I just wanted to return to Cox Cable. I looked up the location and saw that it was close to work. Sweet! Figured I would just run down there at lunch and still probably have time to grab a bite to eat before heading back to the office. I even thought I was being a little sneaky by leaving at 11:30 to "beat the rush". How silly of me....
My first clue that there might be a problem should have been the complete lack of parking. After circling for about 10 minutes I finally found a spot much to the chagrin of some old guy in a beat up Omni. I am sure he was yelling at me, but I ignored.
With no inclination of the chaos I was about to enter, I strolled up to the entrance and opened the door. I was met with a lobby full of about 150 people. There were 7 counters open. Undaunted I grabbed a number and looked expectantly at the screen above TOTALLY expecting my number to magically be the next one. Reality set in quickly as the numbers only got called around once every 10 minutes. Ugh... This was not going to work.
While trying to figure out what to do I noticed a stack of papers indicating you could drop off your box at any FedEx Kinkos and it would be sent back to Cox free of charge. I grabbed my box and left. (shut up)
I made it back to the office with only minutes to spare, but on the up side... When I stopped by Kinkos tonight there wasn't any line and they took care of me inside of 5 minutes. I don't know if this is good or bad customer service. I lean towards good since there was an option for accomplishing my goal, but I also think it is a little bad since their web site makes no mention of this service.
--C
My first clue that there might be a problem should have been the complete lack of parking. After circling for about 10 minutes I finally found a spot much to the chagrin of some old guy in a beat up Omni. I am sure he was yelling at me, but I ignored.
With no inclination of the chaos I was about to enter, I strolled up to the entrance and opened the door. I was met with a lobby full of about 150 people. There were 7 counters open. Undaunted I grabbed a number and looked expectantly at the screen above TOTALLY expecting my number to magically be the next one. Reality set in quickly as the numbers only got called around once every 10 minutes. Ugh... This was not going to work.
While trying to figure out what to do I noticed a stack of papers indicating you could drop off your box at any FedEx Kinkos and it would be sent back to Cox free of charge. I grabbed my box and left. (shut up)
I made it back to the office with only minutes to spare, but on the up side... When I stopped by Kinkos tonight there wasn't any line and they took care of me inside of 5 minutes. I don't know if this is good or bad customer service. I lean towards good since there was an option for accomplishing my goal, but I also think it is a little bad since their web site makes no mention of this service.
--C
Comments