I have a bunch of posts I want to write but can't seem to find the words, so I thought I would just do a quick update for all of you out there who curse at me every time you check my blog and the content is a week old.
The Corporate Challenge racquetball tournament was this past Monday night. Our team ended up first place overall, but Luke and I only came in 5th place in mens doubles. My big plan of trying to play women's doubles didn't pan out like I had hoped. I feel like we could have beaten the other team in the second round if we were warmed up a little better. 45 minutes between matches is tough, but that is what tournament play is. Either you can handle it or you can't. We still made a respectable showing though and I was pleased we made it to the second round.
Bowling was the next night and after a long day at the office I really wasn't in the mood to bowl. This kind of mood normally translates to pretty awful scores. My anticipation of a poor showing wasn't diminished when I saw we would be bowling against the #1 team in the league. Ugh! But to my pleasant surprise we ended up taking 5 out of 7 points on the evening. None of us had outstanding nights, but we all bowled well as a team. I ended up with 174, 164, and 163 which isn't too shabby considering my average is 160. Of course our team captain did bowl a 212, but we have come to expect that from her.
As much as it is killing me, my golf clubs seem to be collecting a little dust in the garage. Haven't had a chance to play in a couple weeks now. I really need to change that. I did get a gift of four lessons for my birthday so I am planning on heading down to Golf Galaxy soon to take advantage of those.
In the world of football... For those few of you who don't already know this, UGA is playing some little school down in Arizona this coming September. Thanks to some UGA bloggers I now know how to get tickets, and plan on trying to buy them today. My buddy Luke is a big Nebraska fan, but has expressed his wish to join me and Monika in cheering on the Dawgs. We will have to have a talk about his attire before we go though. I know Nebraska is also red, but I really think to fully appreciate the experience he needs to don some UGA apparel. I will keep you updated on my plans and anybody reading this who cares to join us, please do!
Gotta run earn the bacon...
--C
The Corporate Challenge racquetball tournament was this past Monday night. Our team ended up first place overall, but Luke and I only came in 5th place in mens doubles. My big plan of trying to play women's doubles didn't pan out like I had hoped. I feel like we could have beaten the other team in the second round if we were warmed up a little better. 45 minutes between matches is tough, but that is what tournament play is. Either you can handle it or you can't. We still made a respectable showing though and I was pleased we made it to the second round.
Bowling was the next night and after a long day at the office I really wasn't in the mood to bowl. This kind of mood normally translates to pretty awful scores. My anticipation of a poor showing wasn't diminished when I saw we would be bowling against the #1 team in the league. Ugh! But to my pleasant surprise we ended up taking 5 out of 7 points on the evening. None of us had outstanding nights, but we all bowled well as a team. I ended up with 174, 164, and 163 which isn't too shabby considering my average is 160. Of course our team captain did bowl a 212, but we have come to expect that from her.
As much as it is killing me, my golf clubs seem to be collecting a little dust in the garage. Haven't had a chance to play in a couple weeks now. I really need to change that. I did get a gift of four lessons for my birthday so I am planning on heading down to Golf Galaxy soon to take advantage of those.
In the world of football... For those few of you who don't already know this, UGA is playing some little school down in Arizona this coming September. Thanks to some UGA bloggers I now know how to get tickets, and plan on trying to buy them today. My buddy Luke is a big Nebraska fan, but has expressed his wish to join me and Monika in cheering on the Dawgs. We will have to have a talk about his attire before we go though. I know Nebraska is also red, but I really think to fully appreciate the experience he needs to don some UGA apparel. I will keep you updated on my plans and anybody reading this who cares to join us, please do!
Gotta run earn the bacon...
--C
Comments