Pretty sure time is accelerating...

There are times in life when it feels like the clock or the calendar stands still. You feel like the work day won't ever end, or that the weekend won't ever come. When Monika and first booked our trip to Poland it was a little over 90 days away and for quite some time it felt like it wouldn't ever get here. And then I just put it out of my head so maybe the time would pass a little quicker. Maybe that wasn't the best approach because right now it feels like the pages of my daily calendar are nothing more than a flip book and the trip will be here tomorrow. Maybe it is because Monika and I have a little mini-vacation planned for this weekend and I have something scheduled almost every night for the next two weeks; but time really does seem to have accelerated.

A friend once told me to try to stop and appreciate your life when things are going well because that time always seems faster. When you are miserable, time slows down. Although this fact hasn't escaped me, I am really happy right now... so that probably helps explain things. :-) I just hope time doesn't race past too fast while we are in Santa Monica this weekend. And before you ask... yes... I am taking my camera to chronicle our trip. If you ask nicely I might even share a few pictures.

Our trip to Poland is coming up now in just over a month and I am actually starting to get a little nervous. I really wasn't nervous until Monika asked if I was. Since she put the idea in my head... yeah... little nervous. Of course there is the stress of the 17 hour trip there, but beyond that.... Will I remember to pack everything? What if I take the wrong shoes? What if her parents hate me? What if I get lost and am only capable of asking for a diet coke? What if either of us gets sick? What if...?! Now I am not really that neurotic. Maybe once in a while, these types of thoughts hit me at 2 in the morning... but not all the time. Mostly I just try to keep in my head all the things I am going to need and stuff like that. I also think about how her parents will react the first time I say to Monika "Kocham ciÄ™" when they are around. Or when I ask "gdzie jest lazienka" and they answer in Polish and I just stand there looking pretty. Sure there are worries, but I am more looking forward to going. I can't wait, and the way the calendar is whizzing by I really won't have to.

--C
PS. If you are curious what those polish phrases mean, just drop me an email... but you can probably guess.

Comments

cg said…
"gdzie jest lazienka" means "I like young boys" right?
Anonymous said…
no, hahahaha it means

WHERE IS THE BATHROOM (toilet)