A serious post... (sort of)

As I am sure several of you readers already know, my birthday is coming up this Thursday. I will be saying goodbye to my early thirties and entering my middle thirties. (34) It probably isn't that significant of a change to anybody else but me. It isn't a huge milestone, but it is a milestone just the same. Don't get me wrong, I am not sitting at home wringing my hands thinking about all the stuff I have or have not accomplished. I am not fearful of another year getting tacked on to my age. It is just an observation.

There are two times a year I tend to reflect on life. One is of course around the turn of the year, and as expected the other is around my birthday. I just went back and read my blog posts from around this time last year and tried to think about where I was in my life then. What a difference a year can make. I had a great birthday week, but it was of the subdued variety. I didn't really want to make a big deal about it. I spent some time with my closest friends and my family. It was a really good time.

It was a really good time... but there were some things missing in my life. Actually, there was one big thing missing in my life last year this time. (Guys... you can skip this part) GF was not yet GF. In fact she would not be GF for several more months. It was a case of not really knowing what you were missing until you have it. Now don't get me wrong. I am blessed with outstanding friends and family. I love my job. I am pretty successful. All those things are still the same, but with GF around... Well... Being in love makes everything taste a little sweeter and makes the sun shine a little brighter. She has really gone out of her way to plan some things for me this week, and even with all those things to look forward to... you know what I am looking to the most? Getting to spend some more time with her. I know it sounds corny... I know it sounds mushy... But regardless, it is the truth.

So while I sit and reflect on the things I have and have not yet done in my life... There is one less thing on the "have not yet done" side... And that is to find the love of my life.

I really feel like I should delete a bunch of this post, but next year I want to remember just how happy I was right now. And GF... when you read this... Dziękuję.

--C

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aww...How Sweet!