Rewind: Birthday celebration day 3...

Saturday morning... my first thought was "Oh please god... I promise I will never... drink... again.... {pause}... and this time I mean it!"

Yeah, Saturday morning was a little rough. Back in the day I used to go out a lot so I was better equipped to handle how bad I felt. But now? Nope. Drinking just isn't worth the hangover 99.999999% of the time. This time? Maybe...

I just stayed in bed waking up periodically to drink a bottle or two of water. Around 1 in the afternoon I woke up and like magic, the hangover was gone. Well, mostly gone anyway. I stumbled downstairs to see what GF was up to. I couldn't find her so I decided to have some leftover pizza. It was much better the night before.

After my little snack and some quality time switching between golf and Nascar it was time to start getting ready for my last evening of celebration. GF arrived home with her makeup all done and a new hair style. I hate to sound like a broken record when I talk about her, but she was stunning.

This evening we would be having dinner at the Melting Pot in Summerlin. I have been to a few different fondue restaurants in my day, but only one other time had I been to this particular chain. We all arrived around the same time and got seated immediately. As expected, the service was outstanding and the food even better. I really have to come back to this place more often than once every 10 years.

After a few nights of celebration, it was really nice to have a nice relaxed with my Larry, Oksana, and GF. It was a wonderful evening and I couldn't think of people I would rather spend the evening with.

I am already looking forward to next year.

--Chris

Comments