I have to say that the past two weeks have been surprisingly busy. I seem to remember in years past the first couple of weeks in January being a bit dull. These past two weeks might actually still be a bit dull, but maybe I am just too busy to notice. Eh... Either way. Chris = busy.
This is the weekend to "put Christmas in a box" as one of my good friends so eloquently said, and I have to say that it isn't making me sad. This year I put all the decorations away and pack up the trees, but I have very good memories to get me through the rest of the year... and more importantly... the promise of better years to come. Hate to wax sentimental on a Thursday night (or Friday when I probably will post this), but it really was a great holiday season.
GF and I are getting ready for our trips. Next week we head up to Utah for the dual purpose of spending time with Loren and Whitney as well as skiing. It has been two years since I last went skiing and then I was on the edge between beginner and intermediate. Normally when I go, I only get to ski one day but this year we are going to try to ski on Friday and Sunday. I am hoping that getting two days in instead of one will help me feel a bit more comfortable on the intermediate slopes. Wish me luck for no broken bones. On a side note... this will be the first out of town trip I have made with GF and I can't wait. :-) I also can't wait for her to meet some of my closest friends and for them to meet her. You know... all that mushy stuff.
The trip to Poland is still in the planning stages. Every time GF finds some good flights and goes to book them the price jumps $100 at the last minute. At first I thought it might be taxes and fees, but when you look at the first couple of pages they say taxes and fees are included in the price they are displaying... So we are still working on purchasing the tickets. Speaking of Poland, I do need to wrap up this blog post fairly quickly... I have Polish (language) homework to do. It is due by tonight and my teacher will yell at me if I don't finish it.
Hope you all have a great day!
--C
This is the weekend to "put Christmas in a box" as one of my good friends so eloquently said, and I have to say that it isn't making me sad. This year I put all the decorations away and pack up the trees, but I have very good memories to get me through the rest of the year... and more importantly... the promise of better years to come. Hate to wax sentimental on a Thursday night (or Friday when I probably will post this), but it really was a great holiday season.
GF and I are getting ready for our trips. Next week we head up to Utah for the dual purpose of spending time with Loren and Whitney as well as skiing. It has been two years since I last went skiing and then I was on the edge between beginner and intermediate. Normally when I go, I only get to ski one day but this year we are going to try to ski on Friday and Sunday. I am hoping that getting two days in instead of one will help me feel a bit more comfortable on the intermediate slopes. Wish me luck for no broken bones. On a side note... this will be the first out of town trip I have made with GF and I can't wait. :-) I also can't wait for her to meet some of my closest friends and for them to meet her. You know... all that mushy stuff.
The trip to Poland is still in the planning stages. Every time GF finds some good flights and goes to book them the price jumps $100 at the last minute. At first I thought it might be taxes and fees, but when you look at the first couple of pages they say taxes and fees are included in the price they are displaying... So we are still working on purchasing the tickets. Speaking of Poland, I do need to wrap up this blog post fairly quickly... I have Polish (language) homework to do. It is due by tonight and my teacher will yell at me if I don't finish it.
Hope you all have a great day!
--C
Comments