Scary news...

I am on a mailing list for one of the local TV news stations. I get emails from time to time about schools in lock down and such... This morning ~10am I got this little gem:
Metro police are attempting to trap a cougar in the 6400 block of Donald Nelson in the area of Farm Road and Torrey Pines. Residents are urged to keep their pets indoors until the cougar is captured. Eyewitness News at Noon will have the latest.
Then about an hour later I got this one:
The cougar on the loose has moved and is now in a gated community at Gilbert and Grand Teton. A command post is being set up at Torrey Pines and Church Steeple Street. Metro is closing off Grand Teton between Gilbert and Torrey Pines. Metro is telling residents in the gated community to stay inside of their homes. Eyewitness News will have the latest at noon.
This isn't "right" where I live, but cougars are fast aren't they? I think I will only go outside on the balcony tonight.

--C

Comments

Anonymous said…
I didn't get the first update, only the one about "the cougar on the loose has moved". I thought that was pretty amusing breaking news, but mostly because he hadn't moved to Boulder City!
Anonymous said…
They already captured the cougar, so you can walk on a street of Las Vegas.