Late night round up...

I still have a couple big posts, or at least "important" posts to make in the next few days, but tonight for some reason sleep is evading me and I thought I would post some "filler" stuff. The "Christmas Post" and "New Year's Eve" post will be up here (with pictures) in the next couple days, but until then... Here is just some stuff...

I hate to be a cliche, but I guess I don't hate it that much because I feel like one this week. When each new year rolls around I always hear of people making resolutions and rarely if ever are they followed through on. It almost feels like people make the "resolution" because they know if they give up on it, it's ok... everybody does that with a resolution. So for the past couple years instead of making resolutions, I just try to take stock of my life and identify where it needs some improvement. I don't call it a resolution because that almost seems like it will doom the change in behaviour to failure.

The number one thing people always do is "go to the gym more". Have been a gym member for the past four or five years, I have come to hate January. Things are going along nicely and then BAM! the gym is packed the first week of January. You are stuck with a bunch of people who don't know what in the hell they are doing and don't know simple etiquette. While I have had a gym membership for quite some time, for many reasons I won't go into (mainly schedule) I have not been in several months. This week, mine and GF's schedules kinda cleared up and we finally did what we have talked about doing for months... We started going to the gym. It isn't really a "New Year's Resolution" but I still feel like a cliche. I guess the only way to get over feeling that is to stick with it past the first three weeks of the year. By then all the others have pretty much given up and gone back to their normal lives. Only time will tell.

Many many other people have blogged about the UGA victory over Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl this past Tuesday. I won't rehash (or try not to) all their points. I will be honest though, I was a little concerned going into the game. I know our dawgs have been playing great football, but Hawaii was a bit of an unknown. Sure... they had played literally NOBODY, but their number still had me a bit worried. I am not ashamed to say it. Thankfully all my fears were unfounded and I watched the complete destruction of the other team. I found myself pulling for Hawaii most of the season. They were having a great year and I enjoy seeing schools have a year like that once in a while, but the attitudes of the fans and then the player interviews ruined any goodwill I had for them. Their cocky attitude made me relish every time our players knocked their QB on his back. He (the QB) was the worst of the cocky attitudes. His crying on the sideline was just an added bonus. I know it sounds mean, but go back and listen to his interview they played before the game with him and you will see what I mean.

It was a beutiful game, and watching my alma mater play like that is only going to make waiting for September seem longer. Next year "should" be great year... I can't wait.

I am still not really ready for bed, but with GF reading over my shoulder and giggling as I type, I think it is time to bring this blog post to an end. I don't feel like sleep is in my immediate future, but that is why we have On Demand for movies. :-)

Hope all you faithful readers out there are sleeping away happily as I write this and I hope you all have a great weekend. Pictures from the holidays soon I promise.

--C

Comments

Brett said…
Speculation abounds here in Athens, Georgia regarding the nature of your "important post(s)." No pressure, just know that at least two people are very much looking forward to it/them.
Chris said…
Oh... hey... yeah... I can see how you could read something into the way I said that. No big news coming... Just Christmas and NYE this year were awesome and I am thinking about them as "important" posts.

Don't worry, I am not pregnant and planning to appear on Jerry Springer. =)

--C