Gah!

Ok... It is currently 11:41pm and I am WIDE EF'ING AWAKE! Not such a big deal to some of you out there, but for those of us who get up at 5:20am every morning this is not good. Maybe I am just suffering the results of getting to bed last night at 8:30. When I need to sleep, I sleep. When I don't... well... I guess I blog.

Tonight GF and I met up with some friends after work to watch the BCS "Championship" game at a local bar and grill. The game didn't really mean that much to me because I was supremely confident that LSU was going to dismantle OSU pretty easily. I am sorry, but I am a bit of a conference snob and the SEC is just head and shoulders above the rest right now.

We all had a couple beers, some dinner, and only mildly payed any attention to the game. Especially after LSU pretty much put it away. Not the greatest game, but still good times. With our bellies full and the game pretty much decided GF and I headed home and shortly thereafter I got to bed. I watched some TV. Still awake. Turned the TV off... Still awake. After an hour I had to get up... and here I sit.

The funny thing is that tomorrow I probably won't be tired at all. Wednesday will be the problem if I don't get some sleep. Tomorrow is bowling night which would normally mean a few more beers while we bowl, but I think I am going to skip that part. Who knows?... maybe having a couple is part of the problem. I can't imagine it is. I only had three over the course of three hours... we shall see. Of course with my declining beer all night from the team, I am sure to be criticised. :-) Actually, one of my bowling team members reads this blog so I am sure I will hear about it way before I ever get to bowling tomorrow night.

Almost pulled the trigger on the tickets to Poland today, but at the last minute all the prices started changing and the fees seemed a bit high. So we are going to give it a few days and keep looking. We are definitely going in May.. probably from the 15th through the 29th... but won't know for sure until the tickets are purchased.

Speaking of this trip... For one of the itineraries I saw the total travel time was just over 24 hours!!!!! OMG! I don't like flying from here to Atlanta, let alone being on a plane for 9 hours on just one leg of the journey. I guess I consciously know that when I went to Bulgaria, my total travel time was about this much, but I seem to have put that out of my memory in the last 7 years. (This will be my first trip to Europe since 2000.) The difference this time... I will be traveling with GF. As mushy as that sounds, it make things ok.

On a slightly different subject, I have mildly been paying attention to the presidential race. It still feels way too early to care, but the results from Iowa kinda surprised me. As much as I dislike Clinton, I was sure she would win. I was wrong. And I did a little celebratory dance as a result. The republican side I didn't have a clue about, so it surprised me too. I also thought it was a bit silly how Iowa kept moving its caucus date earlier to be the first one. It seemed like a second grader shouting "ME FIRST ME FIRST!" over and over again. Really... What makes you so special? Do I care? I really didn't until all that nonsense started up. Someone even told me (I have not checked) that it is in their constitution that they HAVE to be the first primary. I think it would be funny for somebody to "ebay" them and just keep moving the date ahead of them over and over again. We could end up with the first primary just after the general election. haha...

I digress... Who do I think will win? No idea. Who do I want to win? No idea other than not Clinton. I just don't know enough about the candidates and honestly have not spent any time trying to find out. There is still a lot of time left and when the field is narrowed a bit I will dig in. For now, about all I can tell you is what is important to me: Lower taxes, not going to socialized medicine, secure the border, stop printing soooo much money that it destroys our currency compared to the rest of the world, let's join the rest of the world and build some new nuclear power plants and become less dependant on fossil fuels, for the love of God... can we please stop using abortion as a litmus test for who is or is not a good candidate. I want a candidate that isn't afraid to stand up and explain how he/she feels about an issue without their message changing based on who is listening. I want someone who has their own spiritual beliefs but keeps them private. I would love a candidate who isn't afraid to pull back the curtain on so much of the unnecessary spending done by our government. I don't know if the line item veto was the best approach, but at least it was a start. I want a candidate that can win the war in Iraq and then bring our troops home. I want a candidate that won't be afraid to go to the mat with another country if they push us around too much. I want a candidate who isn't looking to go to the mat the first day in office. Do I want too much? I don't think so.

Sigh... I guess I am going to try to go to sleep now. This post probably put you to sleep, hopefully it did the same for me.

--C

Comments

Anonymous said…
First, you are going to have a least one or two tonight, you wuss.
Second, not that I think its a bad thing, but it sounds a little bit like you might be leaning towards McCain. Actually, he's my favorite Repub. candidate too.
-LV_Huskr
Anonymous said…
The was one of the most borring blogs, it would definetely put me to sleep, too much politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Russell said…
Chris, may I introduce you to Dr Paul?

Dr Paul, this is Chris.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Start talking. :-)