A solitary game...

Due to road construction between my home and my office, the last two days of the previous week started and ended a little earlier than normal. Instead of my normal 7-4 schedule, in order to beat the traffic I worked from 6-3. Outside of the insane time I had to wake up in the morning, it meant I got to leave early also. It gave me quite a bit more time than I was used to having in the afternoon.

If you have read my blog before, you know my league bowling has been going well. I haven't broken 200 yet this season, but have come close a few times and every week I bowl just a little bit above my average. With some extra time in the afternoon this past Friday, I decided to go practice a little bit to see if I could not step up the game a little bit.

After work, I headed home to change and pick up my balls... (bowling balls thank you very much). I got to the bowling alley around four and paid for three games. As luck would have it I got a lane without anybody else around. The closest group was about five lanes away. Unlike league nights, I would be starting cold. No warm up frames. Oh well... it is what it is. I grab my ball (shut up) and prepare to throw. I approach and everything feels wrong. I am stiff (shut up) and the approach just feels awkward, but I don't stop. I throw and stand there thinking "That isn't half bad." And then all 10 pins fall down. Wow... weird.

I wait for my ball to get returned and try to do the same thing. The ball goes Brooklyn, but again it was a strike. Funny. I throw again... This one looks horrible. For sure it is going to be a 7/10 split... but no... strike. Wow. Next... I throw and it looks good... Strike. I actually laugh out loud. Four strikes in a row! Then strike... strike... strike... strike... And then it happened. I have a perfect game going into the 9th frame and I let myself think about it. I bowl a split. Crap! At least I managed to pick up the spare... Then spared the next frame and for my last ball I rolled a strike.

When I look up to see what the final score was, I had to sit down when I saw 267. I actually tied my best game ever! And I did it without any warm up!!!!

The next two games weren't outstanding, but they weren't bad either. I bowled a 169 an a 177. Now here is the kicker... It was a 613 series. That is BY FAR my best series ever! The only down side... nobody there to see it. :-( Oh well... Here is the printed out score card as proof though.

--C


Comments

Oob said…
Wow! Congrats!!!