That was unexpected...

Take a look at the picture to the right. That is a Jabra BT-350 bluetooth headset for my cell phone. I purchased two of these puppies from Woot! for about $15.00. I like to have a backup headset or two for when I have problems with my primary one. (My primary is the Logitech Mobile Traveler)

A few days ago, the ear loop on my Logitech headset broke and it will be a few days for the replacement to get here. In consideration of the safety of others on the road I decided to break out the new Jabra one so I could still drive with both hands while talking on the phone. It isn't the best headset I have ever had, but it is better than most. Basically a good backup for me to keep around.

Anyway... I have been using it for a few days, but only to make outgoing calls. Every time I had an incoming call, it was when I had the headset turned off. Last night I was driving home from work, and had my trusty little Jabra wrapped around my ear when I received a call from GF. The unexpected part was that besides having a pleasant little ringtone in my ear, the damn thing vibrated rather violently. I really wasn't expecting this and nearly drove my Mustang off the highway because of my surprise. Fortunately I didn't have any cars next to me. Oh... and I might have peed a little. (don't judge! I was startled. j/k)

I am sorry, but having an electronic device hanging over your ear start vibrating... It is just and odd sensation. Now I kinda like it...

--C

Comments

Russell said…
I picked up the same deal and had the exact same experience.
Oob said…
That would have scared the bejeezus out of me! Thanks for the laugh (with you, of course).
Anonymous said…
I purchased the same device and I was in a waiting room at hospital and it scared the CRAP out of me... But it woke me up....