Two shots; Two Beers; Too much...

Wednesday had rolled around again and that meant bowling night. After early successes in the season, everything since the July 4th break has been pretty bad. Unfortunately, last night I just wasn't "feelin' it" either. My first game was a lowly 130. I went to the bar for a smoke and to be all pissed off at myself alone for a few minutes. When the bartender asked if I needed anything, I had every intention of saying no... But for some reason I ordered a shot of Patron and a Tecate. After downing my shot and a half of warm Tequila and chugging half my beer I stumbled back to the lane.

First frame... spare. It should have been a strike, but sometimes the 10 pin refuses to fall... Then a strike. Then an spare... Then strike strike strike strike... Holy pins of fury! When the game was over, I had bowled a 200. And I was feeling much better about life in general.

As I swaggered back to the bar I remember thinking to myself... "Self. That was good, but if you drink those again it is going to be too much." I knew it was a mistake, but it was a theory I wanted to test. After downing my second shot (that tasted much better by the way) I grabbed my beer and headed back over for the third game. I opened with a gutter. Then finished the first frame out with a spare. "Whew!" It was all downhill from there. I ended the game with a 111. Ouch. That hurt.

Next Wednesday I am going to start the night with a shot and then have one beer per game. I will let you know how that works out.

--C

Comments

Oob said…
Reminds me of the song "One bourbon...one scotch... one beeeer."