Calm before the storm...


Actually... the title isn't exactly accurate. I don't remember a time when my life was calm. It is hectic... and busy... sometimes stressful... But you know what? I am a lot happier in this state than when I am bored and just "killing time". I do find myself longing for a time with less going on, but I am pretty sure that is just a "grass is greener" kind of sensation. You always seem to want what you don't have... At least I know this happens to me from time to time. Besides... I happen to enjoy all the things (most of the things) I am spending time doing.

Overall...? Things are pretty damn good. Someone close to me is about to leave for a while which I am not thrilled about, but this is a trip that needs to happen. It will suck a bit, but it probably won't be the end of the world. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. (He folds arms and pouts out bottom lip)

Starting in less than 48 hours is the 48 Hour Film Project. You may or may not remember depending on how long you have read this blog, but I took part in this last year. If you didn't see our entry from last year, click here to check it out. Whether things work out good or bad, it is a hell of a ride for one weekend a year. We have pretty much the same team as last year, so keep your fingers crossed for us to make a good movie!

Work is busy as usual. I have more projects going on at once than anybody could handle, but every day I just grind through things and douse the fires that crop up along the way. I am lucky to work with great people, so even when things get a little crazy at the office it is still someplace I don't mind going back to. That's probably why I have stuck with this job longer than any other I have had.... and no... I don't have any plans to leave anytime soon... (Said on behalf of the folks at work who read this blog.)

I managed to make it to the SilverStone Ranch golf club yesterday for some much (MUCH) needed practice. The first couple of swings felt strange, but I quickly found my swing again and the ball began flying in a straight direction instead of making a 90 degree right turn about 100 yards off the tee. I want to hit the range several more times before Danny gets here later this month.

In other sporting news, tonight was bowling night. Again... something I have had no time to practice lately either. In spite of having not bowled in two weeks, I managed to bowl exactly my average tonight. One game way over... the other two under by a little bit. But they averaged out to 161. Math is funny sometimes. Our season is winding down over the next couple of weeks and I greet the end with mixed emotions. It will free up my schedule a bit, but on the flip side, I have really enjoyed being in a league this year. I may do it again in the fall... jury is still out on that one.

What else should I mention in this "look at what I did today!" post? Oh yeah... bullets!


  • Maid service is here again tomorrow. The house is not nearly as bad as the last time they were here.

  • It actually rained today... Big deal for Vegas.

  • My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones in the bridge collapse.

  • I am super excited about going to the DCI finals in a little over a week.

  • I discovered I should not eat garlic within 24 hours of wanting to kiss GF. (woops. *blush*)

  • I am about to have a fourth cat for a few weeks. Yeah... "that" litter box will be fun.

  • My pool table is no longer level.

  • I have to have blood work done this Friday morning. I have to fast for 12 hours prior. If you see me on Friday, I suggest not attempting to engage me in conversation before 10am. Consider this a public service announcement.

  • I really really REALLY need to get the oil changed in the Mustang. I am under on miles, but almost four months over on time.

  • It is late and I really should get to bed... besides... this post has deteriorated since I began. Maybe something interesting will happen to me tomorrow.

Goodnight y'all...


--C

Comments

georgiagirl said…
Dividing the garlic bullet and the pool table bullet with a bullet about poop does not distract me from the obvious assumption that you unleveled the pool table while "kissing" the GF!

And, since I'm picking on you....
YOU RESTORED A MUSTANG! Why do you need to "get" the oil changed? Surely you could do it yourself?

Love you :)
Oob said…
It must be said that your posts of this nature give me apoplexy of the mind, therefore rendering me incapable of picking just one or two things to post a witty comment about. Quit stressing me out. LOL