Beware, mushy stuff ahead...

Don't read this if you don't like the mushy stuff.

Today I dropped off GF at the airport. She is going home to visit family and will be gone for three weeks and two days. Honestly... I was *this close* to throwing her over my shoulder to carry her back to my car and not let her go. I have said goodbye to loved ones before when they travel, but this one pulled a little harder on my heart strings. And you know what... I am not ashamed to say it. I am sad. To some extent I probably will stay that way until she gets home. Watching her walk away towards security was hard to do. I felt like a piece of myself was leaving. When she looked back over her shoulder to smile and wave goodbye... Well... there are no words. I hope she has a great trip, and gets to do everything she wants... and see everybody she wants... But I hope this is the fastest three weeks (and two days) of my life. Because right now it sucks.

I am going to take a nap now.

--C

Comments