Vacation Blog - Day 7... Thursday...

Got up and headed out the door fairly early for our tee time at River Forest. The course was immaculate and just ef'ing gorgeous. Here is a pic...
I was still trying to apply the lessons from Tuesday so my game wasn't great, but I had some good shots and overall was pleased with how I played. But seriously... Great course. Also loved the GPS built into every cart. If I was a better player this would be a super nice thing to have.

After getting back to Jackson we had time to swing by the office before heading out to a place call the Dawg Pound for some poker. Since I don't know how well known this place is or really anything else about it my description will be brief. This is a place kinda out in the woods... Kind of a huge (HUGE) shack. Has nothing on the walls... and when I say nothing on the walls... I mean NOTHING. No wallpaper. No paint. No drywall. Just plywood. Oh and a calendar or two... and some UGA and Car stuff. It has a full kitchen. Big poker table. 80 inch plasma. Pool table. Couple grills.... huge fridge. And a place to keep a fishing boat. A true "guys place".
I guess there were about 30 of us there grilling out and drinking mass quantities of libations. And then the poker game started. I won't say I am a good player because that would be a lie, but I can hold me own... At least make my money last a while. I don't have odds memorized and I don't know the best/worst hands... But I know when I should bet or not bet for the most part. These guys are "gambling" more than playing "poker". But it was fun and I walked away with most of the money I bought in with. Fortunately Danny didn't drink much since I was in no condition to drive when everything wrapped up around midnight. It was a fun evening and apparently it is a regular Thursday night thing up there in Jackson. Fun...
--C

Comments